Consumer Complaints

I don’t know much about this, but if someone has a problem, for example with a mobile phone company, and the company won’t resolve it. Is there an authority who deals with these things?

This points you to various ways forward

2 Likes

Thank you Jane, very helpful.

I hope I am at the right place.
I’m having terrible trouble with SFR internet.
I will try and make this as short as I can.
I phoned Selectra to change from Orange to Sosh. He told me If I was with Orange I couldn’t change to Sosh and SFR was better. He was on the phone for ages, salesman speak so I agreed. We already had fibre so the lad who came to change the live box only took 5 mins. We didn’t have phones or mobiles for 4 days and had to change all numbers. It got bad to worse so
I cancelled it which I was told I could within 15 days. They told me I had to wait until the 15 days were up. I had informed them with a recorded delivery letter.
In that time I had no telephone or mobile. I got an invoice for 46 euros for cancellation - I paid that. Then another invoice arrived for 85 euros. I tried everything to get out of paying but I couldn’t so I paid that. Yesterday I got another invoice for 460 euros. I tried to email them but it kept coming back. I got into the ir site anfpd downloaded the invoice. All it said was
85 euros paid and then the figure 460 euros with no exolanation. I can’t speak French fluently so I can’t really phone them.
What can I do.
Thanks. Barbara1

Sorry to hear of your problems. Sounds like a complete mess.

Not the case, as previously discussed.

I sympathise as I have real difficulty with spoken French so trying to use the phone for anything more complex than a restaurant booking is conterproductive.

According to Selectra (Ok, probably not your favourite organisation at the moment) SFR have an English speaking line on 06 10 00 10 23 - could try that.

Or try emailing (or writing AR to) the CEO.

Thank you.

But can anyone tell me what the 850 euros could be for. They don’t seem to want to tell me. I sent the live box back in time RD.

No idea - maybe others do. But was that 850 or 85 (and, indeed, what is the 460 euros for)?

BTW the Selectra page that I linked to has information about escalation, should the provider not be helpful.

Thanks Billy