Converted Barn with Gite in a small Cantal village

The property is a converted 17th Century traditional stone barn set amongst the extinct volcanoes of the northern Cantal, in a small picturesque rural hamlet of Roman origin. The barn consists of a 2-bedroom gite (sleeping up to 6 persons) & a 3 /4 bedroom house – both having separate entrances, gardens & large parking areas. The barn is located at the northern edge of the village within level grounds of 5,500 sq.m, surrounded by farmland with good rural views in all directions.
GITE: The gite is fully furnished & is arranged over 3 floors:
On the ground floor is the large entrance hall leading to a utility room and separate WC. Stairs lead up to:
The first floor, which has a large open plan dining room, lounge & fitted kitchen. The dining area has a double bed-settee providing additional accommodation (which can be curtained off for privacy). A staircase leads up to:
The second floor where there are 2 bedrooms arranged as a double & a twin-bedded room, both having fitted wardrobes. There is also a separate WC & a bathroom with sink & bath.
Heating in the gite is a combination of electric radiators & a wood burning stove with water heated by off-peak electricity.
Outside there is private parking for up to 3 cars, a large enclosed garden of 500sq.m. with a picnic table, barbecue & swings/ slide.
HOUSE: The house is also arranged over 3 floors:
On the ground floor is the entrance hall leading to a utility room and also to a large storage area/ workshop area covering most of the ground floor. Stairs from the hall lead up to:
The first floor, which has a large open plan dining room & lounge from which a door leads off to the fitted kitchen, a second door leads to the study/ bedroom 4. Patio doors with far reaching views open onto a raised decking area overlooking the rear garden & stream. Stairs from the lounge lead up to:
The second floor, where there are 3 double bedrooms all having good rural views, there is also a separate family bathroom with sink, WC, shower enclosure & bath. The master bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with sink, WC & bath. The landing has a trap door giving access to the large attic spanning the entire length of the barn.
Heating is a combination of electric radiators, Extraflame pellet stove & a wood-burning stove (with hot air distribution to the bedrooms).
Outside there is a large gravel parking area as well as fully fenced gardens to the front & rear – a total of 5,000 sq.m. of mainly grass area planted with young trees with a separate enclosed vegetable garden & fruit trees. A small stream crosses the garden.
The property has mains drainage, mains water, electricity & telephone/ broadband.
The gite has been operating since 2012 & had a total of 19 weeks booked in 2016. The gite website can be viewed here: www.cantal-gite.co.uk
The hamlet boasts an historic 12th C. church built by the Knights Templar, it has no shops but the town of Ydes is 5 mins drive away & has a SuperU supermarket as well as other shops & services, the small town of Saignes (also 5 mins drive) has a small range of independent shops as well as eating-places & bars. The ski resorts of Mont Dore & Le Lioran are about 45mins drive away.

Good Evening,

I was looking for B&B and Gites to rent and came across this website and saw your property in the region that me and my wife are looking in.

I know that you are looking to sell your business but was wondering if you have ever considered renting the property and business so we could continue to run it as the amazing business that you have built up.

We would obviously pay deposits and rent up front and if we wanted to buy at a later date could use those deposits to come off the sale price, this would give you an income and my wife and I the dream we want.

I look forward to your reply.

Very kind regards

Chris and Michelle Stewart

Hi Chris & Michelle,
Thanks for your interest in our property but we really just want to sell the property outright.
Hope you find somewhere nice to realise your dream
regards
Sue & Alan

still up ? soren_ak@hotmail.com thanks