Cost of a CT

Hi
Is the CT fee standard ? I’m being quoted 76€ this year which seems a bit of an increase on last year, when I took in my wife’s car - - both gazole.

Must confess I never ask for a quote… just make the appt… and go for it…
but I do use a DEKRA registered testing centre… have done for 20 years or more…

CT in 2018 was exactly the same price as CT in 2020 (I’ve just checked the file)

Seems a standard price… albeit for petrol…no idea if different for gazole.
62,22 €
+TVA 20% = 10,81€
+Redevance OTC = 0,28€
+TVA on OTC = 0,06€

Your quote is not much above that… unless that quote is Hors Taxe… ???

Perhaps he gave you a discount last time… check the last bill

do you work direct with the Testing Centre… or arrange through a garage ???

@anon90504988… any thoughts on CT’s for gazole… v petrol…

This resource might be helpful

cheers Graham…
seems as I suspected… prices are variable

1 Like

The recent CT for our car was 70 euros. It has been around that price for the last few years.

@Fenman

sounds like you have a good reason to ask your usual tester why the price has gone up… :thinking: :thinking:

If the reason makes sense…
and if you trust your Tester… then it’s up to you whether or not to use him and pay that bit more…

All I can offer here is that my CT tester charges the same for all vehicles, petrol or diesel, car, van or camping car.

1 Like

I think 76€ is the standard top-end price but I get ours through at 68€ - there’s always an offer on, been using the same garage for the last 8 years with no real change in price, there are a few locally so the competition keeps the offers coming in but still a long way off the bottom-line 50€ some auto-presse talk about

1 Like

Sorry to keep on about this. My CT is due on 1st September. If I decide to defer it fo r a month or two (I can have the use of another vehicle in the meantime), is there some form i need to fill in to tell the powers that be that I’m taking the car off the road?
Thanks in advance
F

Don’t think so but you must continue to insure it (even if its in a garage/barn) although you should be able to reduce the policy cost if you tell your insurer…

:+1: Thanks!

Booked CT yesterday on line at local test centre for 66 euros.