Counterfeit 10 euro notes: PA 7497803159

Currently being found in the Charente… and possibly spreading to other departments…

All the notes bear the same number… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Thanks for spotting my error @Stella - I will remember to increment the numbers on the next batch I print.

@Stella Are the 20 euro notes I printed for you the same?

5 Likes

Daft bat… :rofl: :rofl: Just make sure you check for that number on any 10€ notes that come into your possession… It’s hard enough for ordinary folk these days, without finding the money in your wallet is worthless… :thinking: :cry:

2 Likes

There are loads in circulation across France, and the EU, mostly 20€ notes but plenty of 50€ ones too as well as the 10€. I’ve refused plenty in my shop. We usually get a nod from the Police when they know there’s a new batch in circulation. For us it usually starts in Toulouse then spreads out to the surrounding area so we get a bit of a warning but it’s day to day stuff for us. It’s big organised crime with very very high quality notes coming out of Italy amongst other places.

1 Like

Not so daft, Stella. You’re very good at “giving the gypsy’s wink”, if that’s not regarded as a racist slur these days. Shows my age again…:frowning:

I found a rather pale (one side only) tenner recently, and checked the date: it was first issued in the early 2000s but looked pristine, so I asked a shopkeeper to give it her once-over. She thought it suspicious too, but took it in payment all the same…

This was a Euro note, and recently. It was put in the Poppy-Day collection tin, so whoever passed it was likely to have been a Brit, naive or crooked, I can’t say.

there are still ots of the older style 10€ notes in circulation which aren’t as dark as the latest issue but are “kosher” :wink:

1 Like