Covid-19 New Restrictions Probable

But I think I was right in saying that is not normally the case if a person has had the illness and has recovered - correct me if I am wrong, please.

The sports minister interview last night said you could for 30 minutes, but the police said you couldn’t!

Thr sports minister has a good twitter where he’s answered that and other suestions. I posted a link for Stella yesterday but blessed if I can put my finger on it, @Stella might remember which thread it was on?

What I saw this morning was 1 to 2 kms or 20 mins maximum, that was on a French Twitter account.

Sorry Peter, I don’t think I understand how to use the reply feature :thinking:

If my comment had appeared directly below yours you might have understood it as intended, just a bit of bird-related wit.

Of course I agree completely about the despicable Trump administration and I would say that Johnson is also an irresponsible, incapable charlatan. Luckily France is in better hands. I am, like you, very worried about the developing situation in the UK.

1 Like

Indeed, the usual expectation of most viral infections is that once you have “recovered” from it, via a suitable antibody response, then you can no longer be contagious. The difficulty is in knowing at which particular juncture you are deemed “recovered”, and whether that “recovery” doesn’t overlap with a period in which you are still contagious. “Recovery” by most people is interpreted subjectively. A medical opinion might, and probably would differ, on when one could be considered to have recovered.
For example, if I am spluttering, but no longer have a temperature, have I recovered ? Or am I still contagious and spreading the infection ? I haven’t looked at the SARS-Cov2 infection profile to be able to say, and I believe it was still a matter of debate (hence all the fuss around a certain Nadine Dorries when she declared she was recovered after 7 days). It certainly isn’t the same as habitual winter flu by all accounts. There have been reports of people allegedly (I haven’t followed up on those, so can’t say one way or the other) still being contagious even after having self-declared being cleared of their symptoms.

An oustanding paper : https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

Who is Tomos Puyeo? Seems to be a self-styled wiseguy entrepreneur. Nothing to do with WHO.
He may have some good ideas, but he is not the world’s leading expert on Covid-19 and his primary motivation seems to be self promotion.

1 Like

Tomás Pueyo is a Spanish engineer graduated from Stanford University and residing in San Francisco, California. Since February 24, Pueyo began uploading messages on Facebook about the pandemic. With the help of charts that he himself produced with sources such as the Chinese authorities and prestigious medical magazines, he produced models that show a terrifying reality. He concludes that, if he does not act now, the coronavirus will expand in such a way that the health services will collapse and the emergency experienced by Wuhan and today in northern Italy will arrive in many parts.

I found his reasoning very sensible. OK. I guess he’s just a guy.

2 Likes

Thanks Fleur ! I gotcha now :grinning:, the penny has dropped. And it was a cool comment.

I was in a right tizz having just watched the Orange Nightmare at the podium (odium), looking and sounding like a spoiled adolescent having to rattle off a rehearsed apology to an elderly neighbour whose cat he had just beheaded with his sheath knife because he was bored, and anyway the cat had given him a funny look.

It’s like a trip to Hell. When will it end? :thinking::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I would tend to agree with Jane , Tim.

1. they are the reported cases, who know what the actual factor is.
  2. if you use the reported cases as a finite truth, you are asking for trouble…look at the reported UK cases, it doesn’t add up at all and people are too gung-ho about the whole thing.
1 Like

True Mike, but what about passing the virus by hand. ie You touch an infected area, and then shake hands with someone who hasn’t had it. Although you are not passing it by your own bodily breath, the virus would not just die in the space of a couple of minutes touching your skin.

So you get cancer. Why not consult an engineer?
Sorry Fleur, I prefer to get my advice from medically qualified sources.

If it helps, Fleur, it works like this:

Run your thumb lightly over the part of the post you want to reply to. Follow the line(s) smoothly without lifting your thumb until you’ve caught it all. It grows a blue highlight coat, and a “Quote” option hovers beneath it.

Take your thumb gingerly off the highlighted section, and use it to tap the “Quote” prompt.

A new window will open with the quote in it, and the link to the original poster’s user-name. If you’ve caught a bit more quote than you wanted, you can delete that bit in the usual way.

You can the type your comment below the quote and job done! Voilà !

It can be a bit tricky at first, but after a bit of trial and error you’ll get the hang of it. :hugs:

Bon courage!

PS If you get an odd minute you could try it out by replying to this by quoting “Clever Fleur !”… :smiley:

1 Like

I guess it could be transmitted that way if both parties are negligent in personal hygiene. But where I live we keep our distance and don’t kiss or shake hands right now.

Thank you for explaining so patiently. I never came across the hovering Quote. I get it now !

1 Like

You’re a quick learner! I used to be a teacher so I enjoy passing on experience to others.

That’s great Mike. I think i was trying to infer just because someone has had it and recovered, its not full proof.

I just saw a bit of that press conference. Rex Tillerson was right - Trump is a moron. Deeply despicable. The only hope is Uncle Joe.

1 Like