Covid Tests travelling to France from UK Feb 2022

Hi all

If you are fully vaccinated (x3) do you still need to have any Covid tests travelling from UK to France?

Yes, though it looks like it has been relaxed a bit to 48 hours pre travel.

1 Like

Right. Thanks.

And le Figaro speculates within a week it will not be necessary:
It will soon no longer be necessary to present a negative test when arriving in France for fully vaccinated travellers from outside Europe.

2 Likes

There’s little evidence that it makes much difference anyway unless, like Aus and NZ you lock down tighter than Fort Knox.

1 Like

Good. I’ve never had a test. Caught it in March 2020. Had 3 vacs. That’s my Covid history. :slight_smile:

My daughter and her husband are emerging from their ten day isolation in Perth tomorrow. The first week was in a hotel, the second bit was at home. She’ll be back working in ED next week and she’s expecting an Omnicron rush as Western Australia opens up.

Rumour that France is likely soon to be dropping the need to test within 24 hours befire arriving, if so that means test free travelling at long last.

1 Like

I had been told that it was now 48 hours before not 24 hours.

The expectation is it will be lifted in time for the school holidays. But they are hoping for an EU wide agreement so there is an announcement delay

1 Like

I’ve not found an official announcement yet, although there is a lot of talk about it “coming soon…”.
I’ll keep looking, when I get back from braving the arctic outside… brrrr.
(brilliant sunshine but perishing, the laundry will freeze dry I reckon)

The link I posted above says 48 hours pre travel for “Orange llist” countries and no longer has a special category for the UK

It does have this snippet though

Which I think means that to be considered fully vaccinated you must have had your booster.

Apparently it was changed from 24hrs to 48hrs before travel last week,think it is time that it was scrapped.

It was still 24 hours on Thursday last week (when we travelled) and I think it changed in the last few days.

At last,the test requirement has finally been scrapped.

2 Likes

TFFT, Hope France comes to there sences.