Covid winter 2022 + new vaccine - France update

I was going to say hákarl - surstromming is grim but not as grim. Not my taste I must say.

But some people dislike nuoc mám / nam pla/ aekjeot which I love and are also fermented fish juice and unutterably delicious.

I love nem chua which is fermented raw pork and a delicacy but I think lots of people might be anti it on principle.

At the risk of being in trouble for hijacking the topic, …

I expect you’ve enjoyed durian? Banned from airline cargo holds since the fumes caused a spontaneous combustion (not of passengers!) To me this fruit tastes OK and the smell isnot nearly so revolting as reported but no one mentions how ghastly is the gassy ‘repeat’.

I do like durian :slightly_smiling_face: last eaten on a market in Penang :heart:

1 Like

Speaking as someone who has tasted the completely tasteless baby foods I now buy for my wife, which she thinks are delicious, isn’t everything an acquired taste after birth?

Please note the deliberate space inserted between the last 2 words, though I am reliably informed that closing that space is manna from heaven for Hugh Fearnly Eatsitall. :roll_eyes:

I only discovered this last week. They were in Carrefour next to the till, along with the chewing gum and the other usually useless stuff they put there.

That sounds good to me, as long as it’s not too salty. I have sour Indian plums (aloo bukhara) that are usually used in Indian cooking, but I just eat them. Very tangy, quite chewy but delicious. I think the addition of salt could maybe improve them.

Edit: @vero, where do you get the huamei from ? Google hasn’t been very helpful. I may give them a try if I can find some.

And you lot all eating gross stuff (yea I’ve tried it in Malaysia and Oz!), perhaps it wards off the lurgies!

2 Likes

Eurasie in Bordeaux or Asiamarché online. Right now I’m in Germany so I’m off to the ‘Chinese’ supermarket to get all sorts of delights :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Wading through the entire website to find an article mentioned in another Topic, I found this rather alarming account, as if more were needed, for the unvaccinated:

I reckon the glorious weather is helping…( it was thought that a chilly autumn might see cases go through the roof…)

Farmer neighbour and family had to clear out their mothers house last week after selling it. One of his brothers had Covid and so unsurprisingly six adults and assorted children now have it.

My work colleage has never had covid his wife had it twice and they live and holidayed in a caravan so not always the case although more likely. Bil and Sil stayed one night with another relative and both got it. But then neither are that healthy.

The is a large number of people who had cardiovascular isdues after the covid shot so its a very open ended discussion especially as that report stated the rate was particularly around 80 year olds so not really news then. Who are these doctors and professors and who pays them is far more relevant to any discussion

there’s been no firm news that I could find until the post above which goes to 1st November…
Frankly I was beginning to think it’s all over…
but since posting… I’ve heard one of my neighbours has got covid…
brought by generous friends from Bordeaux who had felt “a little under the weather” but didn’t want to cancel their visit…
so now all 3 have it … and everyone they’ve mixed with (family reunions) is beginning to twitch. Those ill are mixed ages, all feeling bad although not hospital fodder thank heavens…

we would normally have joined the gang, we’re all great friends…
but due to my injury I’m keeping a low profile… seems every cloud has a silver lining… :+1: :wink:

1 Like

The Times: Pfizer gets a $34bn Covid jab booster | Business.

Hi Corona,

could you suggest sources for this?
How are people balancing the vacc which potentially has these issues (what type?) against the also quite high risk of post-infection complications which might include the same?

I mentioned the issue to a friend last week and got the I-don’t-dare-not-have-a-vaccine-because-gov-knows-best back, and couldn’t point to any sources.

I will have to take note of sources as I follow the trail in future as I watch and read things frequently to get informed.
A couple worth a look into:

1 Like

FWIW Corona I think it was first posted here in a Dr. John Campbell very carefully worded video.

1 Like

Yes John Cambell does post his sources so you can always check back good thinking

I’m a bit slow catching up with this thread, including the Fisherman’s Friend off-topic wander but did want to say something about that. When I was young, we all had bad catarrh and my mother swore by Boots Catarrh Pastilles, which were also absolutely foul and a bit like TCP in that they had a long afterlife… My stepfather referred to them as “passion killers” :rofl:

2 Likes