Covid winter 2022 + new vaccine - France update

I have been thinking along the same lines after having three jabs so far but two very strange illnesses since April, both with covid symptoms mixed in with flu and a chest infection in the first one and gastro and flu with the secondbout. Both times we all went off food, felt so weak couldn’t get up for a few days and lost weight and even now food and drink still tastes very different. Tests done at the local lab were all negative but the doctor in two different surgeries alluded to the fact there were many covid variations now that the government could not keep up with them all. I tend to believe the doctors and have the fear that too many of these vaccines maybe actually doing harm to our natural immune systems keep having them six monthly.

Why? I should have thought that they would stimulate our natural immune systems by giving them something to fight against. That’s the whole point of vaccines, isn’t it? Without stimulation the system would get weaker.

2 Likes

My family has 5 medical doctors and all are saying exactly as you do. Unfortunately, some of us have strong immune responses and feel lousy after a vaccine.

There may indeed be people who do not require a vaccine but whose immune system is so strong already they fight off the virus without help. Remember, some people did not get smallpox back in the days when that was our viral horror. May not be a good gamble to just wait and see.

2 Likes

Over 50’s in fact, plus care home residents, anyone over 5 in a clinical risk group and health and care staff.

I had mine, along with 'flu last week.

Sore arm again and felt slightly grotty for about 12 hours, but that was all.

I had my 4th injection on the 1st of August, moderna like the other 3, with every injection the side-effects have reduced (I felt grotty for 24 hours after the first).
I still haven’t had COVID in spite of being in daily contact with people who have it.

2 Likes

As French Health pointed out at the time… last days/weeks of the wave…

"… the only folk in intensive care nowadays are the unvaxed… and the only ones dying in intensive care… are the unvaxed…

yes, some vaxed are in hospital, but not needing major medics and none die…
they go home!!! "

good enough for most to follow/understand… I would think…

2 Likes

And yet @larkswood12 has found the UK is already offering them and a choice of Moderna or Pfizer?

Each country follows its own path and its own Advisors…

OMS=Organisation Mondiale de Santé i.e, the World Health Organisation? And they are the ones apparently saying let’s take a look at this before we proceed…

OMS are saying there is still insufficient data re long-term etc… (as per the Press Releases)
HAS is France’s highest heath authority and it is (as far as I can see) HAS which gives the go-ahead in France, after looking at reports etc from OMS et al.

It makes fascinating reading…
and UK will do whatever it decides to do… completely apart from France…

no that is not what they are saying… they’ve already ok’d the useage, I think they’re covering their backs in case strength of cover is insufficient over time.

1 Like

Myself and OH had our fourth jabs this morning at the pharmacy. They were bivalent Pfizer, which I thought were not readily available in France, but the lady doing the injections said that’s all they had. No arm ache or feeling bad so far, but we’ll have to see.

Hi, so we got them yesterday lunchtime, nothing too bad apart from the usual sore arm feeling of having had a needle stuck in dodgy stuff put into your muscle. Didn’t have the lethargy part this time though. Still have the sore arm - I presume it’s doing its reaction thing.

The actual vaccine was Pfizer B0.1 so the bivalent version for omicron B1. I think the next version is being passed or has been just passed which is B4/5 - which of course are the Covid strains doing all the rounds at the moment.

The pharmacist actually said that Moderna was the more popular, evidently because less side-effects. He said people came to the pharmacy specifically because they had it. He said he’d given about 600 Moderna with no reports of bad effects, but had had four reports for Pfizer out of 500 including two he said were quite a bad reaction.

Purely empirical but my peripheral neuropathy raised itself from an 11 year abscence after the last jab so maybe these jabs do reinact previous health problems? My Bil’s shingles was not good.
I am having the flu jab on Saturday but will abstain from another covid shot.

Understandably. Because people are afraid. Afraid that doing the wrong thing will make them ill, or more ill than doing nothing.

I (empirically :blush:) feel you have a strong point about the vaccine, and or actual illness, cause previous ailments to resurface. I always think about chickenpox emerging unasked as shingles many years later. Viruses are tricky things that hide inside.

Stay well!

1 Like

I’ve had 4 Covid vaccinations : 2xAZ and 1xPfizer, plus 1 xPfizer booster in July this year. TousAntiCovid is saying you have to wait 6 months before the next booster, which would be in early January. Reading about all of you getting boosters, I am wondering if I have got that right?

My Pharmacist has told me I must wait the 6 months… which is up November 16th…

We’re all at different times, bound to be… as folk first got onto the jab system at different times…
but if at all worried, talk with your pharmacist…
:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Stella. I was getting confused. I’ll wait for 2023 ! But in the meantime I’ll definitely have the flu vaccine.

1 Like

Exactly the same for us, 2 AZ and 2 Pfizer boosters, next one in January at the earliest. Perfectly right I think

2 Likes

It might well be that for “at risk” folk… 3 months delay will be allowed (pharmacy/doctor will say)…
news is updating regularly… but at the moment … 6 months it is for us “regulars”…

I’ll highlight anything important that comes along… have no fear… :slight_smile:

1 Like