CPAM & Feuille de Soins help

Hi Teresa, as Finn said if you're Auto Entrpreneur it's nothing to do with CPAM. Keep all your Feuilles de soins somewhere safe as you are doing. When your Carte Vitale does arrive, there will be a phone number with it(was for me) and then you can phone them and ask them for the exact address that you send your Feuilles de soin to. You will be automatically registered with the RAM or RSI as of when you became auto entrepreneur. It takes a bit of time for everything to come through but it will happen. If you're worried you can go to the Official site of Auto Entrepreneur and they have a help phone no just to find out roughly when you will receive your carte vitale. I think mine took 3 months. The blue form for the choice of doctors, you fill it in with your doctor, there is a part they have to sign and stamp, they should have given you the address to send it back to.

Hope it all gets sorted out soon, it will. I've got to go through it again soon for hubby.

Normally the pharmacist will send off your Feuille de Soins - well they do in Roujan - 34120. Montpellier hospitals getting blocked with flu sufferers - they ask you to visit your GP

and of course, to add to the confusion, some self employed people are with the Mutalpes on RSI instead of the RAM........

thanks Finn... getting there! I gave the Doctors office the blue forms - 'notihng to do with us' she said (in a kindly way) 'fill it in yourself' ...

off to Andorra now for a long weekend of ski-ing - let's hope we DON'T break a leg!

thanks Finn - precise, accurate and helpful as ever...

luckily my (medium) obsession for keeping things and filing them has turned out to be a blessing in france - i have kept EVERYTHING! (just didn't know what to do with it...)

Just to be clear, we are both reigistered as Auto-Entrepeneurs, but we need to REGISTER OURSELVES with the RAM - it's not done automatically for us? Assuming no - Do we have register online?

Also - and not to confuse matters, we've both been sent a blue 'Declaration De Choix Du Medecin Traitant'... now we have a doctor, does that get sent to the RAM too?

thanks Finn

x teresa

Normally, everything is automatically taken care of when you use your Carte Vitale - see the MD or purchase medication. CPAM is the general system - for everyone, but if you're between both systems as me (salaried + self-employed), your "file" will be shifted from CPAM to RSI-RAM (now Gamarex). If you're just self-employed, send forms to RSI-RAM. If you have an extra insurance as me (Aviva) then send it to them. Anyway, with the recent law everything will soon be in one pot: URSSAF, RSI-RAM, etc

I just knew AE would have to be different!! :-))

Assuming things are not different for someone registered as an AE (big assumption, I know!) ....

You need to consult www.ameli.fr where you will find all the info you need including your nearest CPAM office here: http://www.ameli.fr/assures/votre-caisse-tarn/nous-rencontrer/plus-proche-de-vous-pour-mieux-vous-informer_tarn.php If you're still not sure, ask your doctor or your local chemist who will know. You may have to root around to find the info you want on ameli.fr as it's not the most user-friendly site I've come across. But the info is there.

Our refunds are sent directly to our bank account and I don't know if they make refunds any other way. You then get a monthly statement of refunds by post. Once you have the Carte Vitale refunds arrive in a week, I find. It takes longer with the feuille de soins as it has to be manually processed. It's probably a good idea to open an account on ameli.fr as this way you can check on refunds, download refund statements and documents/forms and do a number of other things like change your "medecin traitant".

To set up an account go here: https://assure.ameli.fr/PortailAS/appmanager/PortailAS/assure?_somtc=true It will take a while as you have to wait for them to send you a pass code by snail mail which I seem to recall took for ever the last time I had a problem logging onto the site.

Once you know the address of your CPAM office you just have to send them the feuille de soins, nothing else. But make sure you fill it out properly and sign it at the bottom or it will disappear into civil service limbo. It might be worthwhile taking the first feuille de soins personally to the nearest CPAM office just in case there's a problem.