Creating excerpt of Youtube video

Does anyone know if it is possible to create an excerpt of a YouTube video to be able to send to someone?

I want to cut out the 5 minutes of so

I think you can do it very easily on a Mac, not sure on other machines.

I use Downie (Downie - YouTube Video Downloader for macOS - Charlie Monroe Software) to download the clip and then edit it as usual.

Isn’t Youstube all in Geordie, hinny?

Yes, easy to do on any video/ film content. I use Short cut

Here’s the link

I use Avidemux, also free

Gorbals

Yous tous?

Shotcut, surely?

Invisible one?

It was for short cut, so the link was so short it was entirely cut.

2 Likes

Plenty of videos on YouTube to learn how to use it.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it!

1 Like

Movavi is the one i use, but only with my own vids, not others’ on YT. Should work though. :smiley:

1 Like

You could try Video Downloader (free) to down-load Google videos.

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/téléchargeur-de-vidéos/dlpiaeofjhnjeckpjcbhmnifdejoikpa?hl=fr&pli=1

Or, as in my case, Video Downloader Ultimate for 19.99€.

You can use one of a number of video editors, but you want to send your edited videos somewhere? I upload my videos to YouTube and then send the links via email to friends, or to SF.

But if you download a YouTube video, edit it, then upload it back to YouTube you might get copyright objections.
There are other ways you could send videos to friends but these ways tend to be more complicated.

1 Like

Shotcut, Kdenlive, or Openshot Video Editor.

1 Like

Thank you @JaneJones for posting the entire video. I’ve just watched it all the way through on this cold, very wet, very blowy Sunday morning when there’s really no incentive to do anything. Love it - gosh they speak good French in the Jura!
I’m intrigued, which bit of it are you wanting to extract as an excerpt?

I guess if you have a BBC camera pointing at you one would try to speak proper…as the high Jura accent is often pretty thick. But perhaps gives a feel for why we live here?

OH does an english conversation class for a small group of local French people at the moment, and wants to do a session on food. It’s a three hour class, so he’s constantly searching for material that might interest them. So was thinking about the few minutes in the middle about the sangles that go round Mont d’Or which although isn’t pork pies or fish and chips might interest them.

1 Like