Curry Queen

Ah, OK, I saw the reviews for Mérignac, which aren’t good.

You can do them in the microwave, but they don’t come out as well as doing them in the friteuse. I have a refillable spray bottle and spray oil onto them on one side, spreading it around to cover with my fingers. Then microwave on full power, placing them so one edge it at the edge of the turntable. About 30s then turn over and another 15s or so. Timings may vary according to you’re microwave. Is that how you do yours @toryroo ?

1 Like

Just came across this to cook poppadoms in the microwave Supposed to work very well.

https://www.papadumexpress.com/

1 Like

I think we originally tried with oil now we don’t bother, they are lovely and crisp and dry. So quick and easy, and healthier than deep fried!

2 Likes

Oh my I need one of those :heart_eyes: I wonder if Ali express is doing them?

I couldn’t find anywhere to get them except direct from Australia. They do ship worldwide. If they had an agent in the UK they would probably sell a huge amount of them. They won a silver medal in the 2014 London Design Awards.

Edit : You can buy a pack of 4 for AU$50 which works out at around €8 each ! Postage may be a bit prohibitive though ?
Edit2 : For a pack of 4 with postage, its AUS$ 131 so €20 each

Mum’s coming over soon, wonder how much space she has :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like a non metalic plate rack would do just as well :bulb:

4 Likes

I think you could take a microwavable shallow container (or redy meal type container), turn it upside down and make slots in it to pop your tortillas in?

2 Likes

Maybe bring less Chicken Salt this time to make room?

2 Likes

Tortillas ? ¡Ay, caramba!

Sorry popadoms!

1 Like