Day Nurse equivalent

Is there an equivalent to Day Nurse in France?

Thanks

download

1 Like

Unfortunately products containing pholcodine, like biacalyptol, have just be taken of the market!

(Pholcodine is what is in day and night nurse - the actifed jour/nuit rhume just has paracetamol and dseudoephredine)

1 Like

Take a packet to the pharmacy and let them look at the ingredients…

We did that with a tried and trusted UK medication… some years back.
The Pharmacist explained what they could and couldn’t supply and did, in fact, find us something which was just as good… (but with a French accent of course :rofl:… )

1 Like

I have a friend who had some nasty events triggered by the ephedrine content so I’m really rather wary of over-the-counter medicines at the moment!

What is and is not recommended seems to vary quite significantly between countries, For example, I was told by the MT that she couldn’t prescribe me Ibuprofen because I was on blood pressure tablets. Given that they are widely consumed in the UK without question, presumably the advice is completely different :thinking:

3 Likes

Likewise for my OH… MT is very strict on what medics one can and can’t mix…

and pamplemousse (both the fruit and the juice) are forbidden… due to his medications.

Aaaah… that must be the statins. Fortunately my MT hasn’t prescribed me any of those!

Nope…
Grapefruit can interfere with how the body absorbs all sorts of medications… we discovered this the hard way… our Doc had a fit when I explained that I thought I was helping OH eat healthily…

2 Likes

That’s very interesting, thank you! I’d only heard about the statin complication.

Grapefruit plus anti inflammatories = farewell epithelium, farewell muscle tissue, farewell to normal metabolism.

3 Likes

Liquorice or reglisse even all sorts can raise blood pressure.

1 Like

I used to eat a lot of that as a child - we lived not far from the Bassett’s factory! Not touched it in years though…

grapefruit can potentiate other medications too
St John’s Wort is another one to check if taking any other medication