De-registering as an auto-entrepreneur

I'm sure this has come up before, however - I am retiring from work as an agent commercial and have no idea what I need to do to de-register from my auto-entrepreneur status.

We are planning a 4 ish month trip away this winter and I don't want to come back to a pile of out of date paperwork, and unfortunately I have no-one who can deal with it for me.

Any help, advice, suggestions on de-registering would be gratefully received.

Oh my - what happens after the year is up Pam?

We have had an excellent French lady who has helped us with regard to our business. A very long and complex story. She is fluent in English, has a registered business but her charges are well below the normal rates. Her name is Estelle Veron and her no is 0676602620. Hope this helps.

I couldn't find the forms i needed online to de register so i just typed a letter and sent it to our nearest chambre de mettier office with all my details and copies of my latest declaration from RSI. I got a phone call from a very nice lady who spoke a little English, she emailed me a form to sign and that was it, i got a attestation a week or so later to say it was closed and i had rights to my carte vital for another year.

Good luck.

Thank you so much - have been having a few 3am moments with this

do it online on the official AE site. It only takes a minute or two, print off the completed forms and send them to your URSSAF and that's it ;-)