I have a little Etsy shop selling brocante and my sales are very tiny, but I am concerned that I have been filling out my RSI forms incorrectly. Understandably, other Etsy shop owners have been reluctant to reply to my pleas for help, presumably because they don’t know the answers either!
As I understand it, all my costs - including postage fees, which are paid by the customer - are included in my figures: I cannot make any deductions for expenses as they included in the 71% of my gross earnings that I am allowed to keep. I am then taxed on the remaining 29%.
I am about to fill in my first déclaration online after having sent paper copies up till now, and I really just need someone to clarify for me please that I am doing things correctly.
In the box for ‘ventes de marchandises’, do I write my whole earnings for the period, or do I work out 29% of that figure and then use that amount to work out the tax owed?
Thanks in advance!