Declaration preable and taxes as a result of new shed/pool

We are in the processing of completing the declaration preable in relation to building a shed and swimming pool.
Is anyone able to advise me: The size of the proposed shed is 20 sq m - does this fall within this form or do we need to drop it below 20 sq m even if just a few centimetres?
Do we have to pay a one off tax for the shed and if so how is it calculated, or do we have to pay a tax every year on the shed, and again if so, how is it calculated?
Same questions in relation to the swimming pool. we are thinking in ground of about 5m x 10 m…
Many thanks in advance for any advice/help.
Anne

I repeat my reply to your other post :
Anything over 18 sq M will require planning permission, which is expensive and a pain. Unless you really, really, need the extra 2 sqm, suggest you alter your plans to 18 sqm. you don’t have to have full 3-view plans either, just a drawing or photo of a similar edifice. The tax on 18 sq m is a one-off €50. Someone will come round long after you’ve completed it and make sure it is the right size. Do you intend to install power ? I did but, err, forgot to tick the box on the form. I’m advised the french usually build their shed and then submit the form later, but I guess we Brits should do things by the book …

Thank you John, apologies for posting twice, was not sure if it had been seen under the other category.

Anne

It would be a mistake to consider NOT following the rules…

it would be wrong for anyone to go ahead without permission… regardless of their nationality.

In 20 years… I would say it is about even-stevens for stupid-French and stupid-Brits who have flouted the planning laws and finally come to rue the day… :upside_down_face: We’ve even had cases where the offending building has had to be destroyed… :crazy_face: