Hi, we are travelling to the UK on 30th May to renovate a flat we purchased for renting out, before returning home to France once completed. Can anyone advise if I need to complete a declaration as I will be taking most of my hand and power tools to do the work and dont want them to be confiscated or taxed in anyway.
Grateful for any help
Thanks Nick

This has been answered very recently. Apart from the above, if you do a search on tools customs and also tools immigration a clutch of comments will come up.

Any concessions or consideration available is likely to be aimed at someone aiming to maintain repair redecorate etc a property for their own future planned use (as compared to, say, for some trade or business use). Jus’ sayin’.

Many thanks for the reply much appreciated Nick