Definitive answers please re going home!

Hello all, not been on here for ages, you have always helped in a crisis before! Here in France for last 4 weeks, very sadly selling our little home of 20yrs, signing tomorrow. It had a buyer within a hour of first viewing in September…still in shock!
Ok…you may imagine the stress of vlearing and selling during Covid. We sail home to Uk this Sunday with BF. The news of UK not needing tests to enter From 4am tomorrow…sounded brilliant, re our timing…still almost too good to be true considering will be homeless from tomorrow!
Question!!! Does this for CERTAIN mean that we will not have to present any tests results at Caen on Sunday afternoon?
We are both 3x vaccinated.
Have tried for over 2hrs on phone with BF but no luck.
Apols if asking daft question…entering Uk is one fact but just need to know if boarding the ferry is the same!
Thank you

1 Like

100% yes -

Thank you Tim!! 100% Yes…is good enough for me to now chill!

Every good wish for your new life back in UK … take care.

Yes but still need to also present completed Passenger Locator Form to British Immigration as you go through Caen and that has to have the ref.no. of the Day 2 test you have bought to use on Day 0-2 in the UK.

Simplytestme was running around £12 for antigen Day 2 test I think.

1 Like

Karen is correct. When you book your test you will be given a code, and need to enter that on the PLF. before it will complete No PLF = no boarding the ferry.

Yes thank you, we have that all ready in Uk…will do the PLFs on Saturday

I hope all goes well for you in the UK. Leaving must be such a wrench.

Think the title of the thread says it all…

Home can be transient Marky.

Don’t ever again address me as ‘Marky’, it’s patronising and infantilising.

2 Likes

So pompous, but so predictable. Marky it is then. :grinning:

5 Likes

Haha…folks…I love this site but usually just observe it…unless I need you all!
I just knew that given a bit of time after my title that there would be few laughs coming! But because I don’t know if you know each other I am u sure if you are being humourous or serious, ie…is Dr Mark really offended or are they good pals !!
I don’t mind either way!

1 Like

I read PLFs as Parachute Landing Falls and just had a horrific flashback to my foolishly throwing myself out the back of a perfectly good aircraft over Northamptonshire in the early 1980s…

5 Likes

Of course he’s offended Sally, anyone who feels it’s necessary to style themselves as ‘Dr Mark’ is easily offended. I on the other hand take ‘Tim Nice-But-Dim’ as a compliment. :grinning:

1 Like

tim17 I think your post with ‘boy’ in it has gone too far . Someone has politely asked you not to address them in a particular way and you continued and made it worse. Could you remove it? It would seem fair.

2 Likes

Yes agree!

1 Like

Hi there, I can truly empathise with you. We too sold our cottage in Normandy the same day we put it on the market and although we don’t complete for another two weeks , we miss it dreadfully. Rather though we miss the community we had around us , the very fact that things rarely changed and believe it or not the pedantic old fashioned way the French have of progressing through life! Waiting in line at the butchers/ bakers etc , the greetings everyday and the enjoyment of simple pleasures and entertainment offered with inclusivity.
Unfortunately due to M. Macron we do have a slight problem of emptying our property before the signing as we are stuck in the U.K. at this rate our buyer is going to get more than he thought!!
We will miss France so much and all the helpful advice I’ve found on this site.
Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year and hopefully one that finally sees the end of Covid.

2 Likes

It seemed like it wasn’t just coronation street, but full on emmerdale! - how facinating the edit button keeps the record - when one sees 'post deleted, we all have 24 hours to see why!

I was wondering why you (and the other returner) might be ‘returning home’ and wondered whether you guys might be happy to share the reason - but appreciate if not no probs - it could anything, medical, family, taxes all sorts.

Having pushed my boat out France direction to cement the WA rights, I’m just curious what reasons I might be reversing it later down the road… Though for me, it could be a case of moving on, not going back (home).

I feel that’s the human interest story here :slight_smile:

2 Likes