Delays and waiting for paperwork

Just received a message from a distraught French friend… her niece has still not received her French passport…ordered in July 2019… and the poor girl is due to go to Japan on Monday…

Sad for her, but nice to know it’s not just the Brits who are suffering delays and the resulting stress…:pensive:

As an aside, presumably French citizens who relied on their Carte d’identité for entry into the UK will now have to get a passport to travel to the UK? :thinking:

:roll_eyes: depends on the UK Gov…

I don’t know any French who have plans to travel there… but will be seeing a wider crowd on Sunday (way down South) and will ask around… :crazy_face:

1 Like

I don’t blame them. If I was a “foreigner” I wouldn’t want to go the UK unless I had to!! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Mandy, I’m British and I have no wish to go there!

2 Likes

Not found anything to contradict this, so far…

"If a withdrawal agreement is concluded, a Frenchman will only need his passport or identity card to enter the United Kingdom. Even if negotiations fail, these conditions will remain valid until 31 December 2020.

In the event of failure of the negotiations with Europe, the travellers will have to present a valid passport from January 2021. The British government has indicated its intention not to subject the European nationals to the visa requirement for stays of less than 3 months. "

1 Like