Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

Do these people have a Carte de Sejour???

What people Stella?

A lot of the problems are UK citizens wanting to return to the UK with an EU partner. And the delays are in the UK processing the application for the EU partner, so they are both stuck in Europe waiting.

After the deadline, which I believe is very soon, the problem will get worse as will not be eligible for withdrawal agreement rights to bring your partner with you when you return to the UK.

I was replying to the above. I got confused on reading the Guardian article about UK folk trying to return permanently to UK, posted in this “Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour”… :roll_eyes: so I just asked if such folk did actually have the CdS ??? (or are they totally high and dry…)

I’ll just roll over and go back to sleep, obviously my brain needs a rest…

1 Like

No delivery today then :yum::grin:

1 Like

We finally had the delivery late Saturday afternoon…
Delightful folk on their way back to Paris, dropping-off something from a friend.

We had quite a chat … he was determined to speak English (odd vocab but wonderful accent) and I countered with my own special version of French. :rofl:
but when the subject of cars and rallies entered the conversation… that was it… all of us in rapid French with my enthusiasm masking all my grammatical errors. brrrm brrrm

My fault - I posted it here for 2 reasons actually though - first to raise awareness that these delays are not unique to France, but also because of the news (to me) that the British in Europe campaign has had to wind up - very relevant to those having CdS problems.

1 Like