Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

Thank you SO much for posting that @HARLAND - I (and others) really appreciate it! So that’s two 5-year cards that are moving… things are looking up! I shall pour a glass of something :smiley:

2 Likes

Any excuse :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m trying to be good and not have any tonight as had way to many last night over a BBQ and my returned from Brittany son (plus the GF!).

3 Likes

Don’t try too hard…:wine_glass::wine_glass:

2 Likes

I had exactly the same thing when I applied 3 years ago. The dossier was accepted and then rejected twice, both times it took them at least 3 months (during which time I was expecting my CV) to change thier mind. The whole process took about 9 months. Very frustrating, but we got there in the end.

1 Like

I haven’t seen much reported about Vienne (86), our situation is applied 23/12, immediate attestation, RDV 01/07, we both received our 5 year card today 23/7 valid from our rdv. Very happy :smiley:

2 Likes

Woo hoo :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

St Lo has risen from the dead and I have a rdv for the 23rd - email arrived just this minute!

6 Likes

Excellent news, ask them where my card is while you are there.

Andy

I most certainly shall, Andy!

No need Angela , it arrived today !!!

Never felt so relieved about something for years.

Good luck with your RDV.

You can give them a kiss from me

Andy

3 Likes

That is absolutely wonderful, @andyw - I can just feel your relief from here :rofl:

I imagine there was no explanation about the delay? It must have been around 4 months I reckon - I’d have been a complete wreck in that situation…

I hope you have found a suitable bottle of something celebratory to open? You may have a cellar already full of vintage wines and champagnes of course, but if not, I recommend the Lidl champagne with the red and black label - forgotten the name - at around 17 euros…

Hi Marty
I hope you do not mind me contacting you.
I live in Lot et Garrone and signed for my Carte in June at Agen
My wife signed for hers in September received it on the 24th September
But mine has not shown up
I have sent emails and tried to call but not getting anywhere
Just wondered if you had any idea where I go with this? Kind regards Michael

Make an appointment at the Prefecture in Agen when it reopens after New Year’s Day.

http://www.lot-et-garonne.gouv.fr/prefecture-de-lot-et-garonne-a6418.html

Hi @Migel123 The last British Embassy meeting said that, if you’d tried to contact the Prefecture to no avail, you could contact the Embassy, who would try to chase it for you. Also, the Interior Ministry in France is concerned about just the situation you are describing and the Embassy have a number for contacting them too. I’ll see if I can find it as the Embassy Living in France pages (which are supposed to contain all this sort of thing) are impossible to navigate…

1 Like

Hi Angela - thank you for replying - If you could find a number for me to call, that would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Michael

Just checked and found the link for contacting the French Interior Ministry about this - there’s a dedicated Brexit email and in order to avoid bots spamming them I’ve put spaces in the address, so you’ll need to remove them! It’s… contact - brexit @ interieur.gouv.fr

To contact the British Embassy in Paris you need to fill in their contact form -
www.gov.uk/contact-consulate-paris

In theory, although the agencies helping Brits with their WARP cards have been stood down, the Embassy also said they were continuing to help in your situation. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Thanks Angela - that’s really helpful, I will send an email. I’ll let you know how I get on. Happy New Year - Kind regards Michael

Yes please do keep us posted! it’s very worrying for you… Hope you have a happy new year anyway :smiley:

Good luck Migel, seems like you’ve had some good advice from others on here and that the situation has moved on somewhat since I posted a year or so ago.

I hope you get some action out of them…my experience was that I either got no response or automated replies that had nothing to do with my request. However, the bureaucratic machine was groaning along behind the scenes and I finally got my meeting and card back in March I think it was.

Let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Does anyone know how many people are still in the same sort of position as @Migel123 ? I heard of a couple in my departement (50) just before Christmas and was wondering…

Long delays also for some returning to the UK…