Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

Thanks Tory - that’s reassuring to know! I was worried I might be missing a stage. Given that my partner applied as soon as the site opened (I dithered a bit) I’m not going to hold my breath :smiley:

1 Like

So is it necessary to apply for a new CdS if you move departments (after its been issued )?

I think they mean before it’s been issued but after you’ve applied. If you already have one when you move I suppose you can either keep it until it expires or exchange it once you’ve moved.

Yes, I received an automatic mail from the sous-préfecture with a different number, saying I would be contacted shortly for the interview. It arrived about 2 months after the first one from gouv.fr containing the attestation d’enregistrement.

That is interesting, what department are you in Therese?

57, s-p de Thionville.

1 Like

We are off to pick ours up this afternoon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s great, @cat I’m doing my very best not to be envious…

2 Likes

It is a great shame though as traditionally this would be a great excuse for a fantastic celebratory lunch out.

We are off to the Préfecture in Bordeaux later this week, but it may just be a picnic by the river.

Agreed Mat, normally we would be going to the Mariottat for lunch in Agen - wonderful Michelin starred restaurant that does a fabulous “market menu” for a petit prix. Sadly not this time!

1 Like

I’m really confused, they are supposed to be posted out not collected??? Is your prefecture not doing this?

You could have a small celebratory drink with your picnic @Mat_Davies (if you do such things!) and leave it a while before going back home? I’d be tempted as it’s such a relief…

1 Like

Nope apparently not! We are Mont de Marsan.

You were quite right @toryroo - they are being posted despite what the previous lady at the prefecture said…
Two to three months apparently.
But I do have a nice attestation which will let me back into the country should I decide to visit plague Island. Or anywhere else!

3 Likes

I’m actually quite pleased as that just went against what I’ve told hundreds of people, although with the prefecture differences I was ready to beleive!!! So was it your appointment for the fingerprints and photos you had Cat?

Nope they did that last time; this time it was just to hand in the old cards and show our passports. Also done last time. Why they couldn’t have had the new ones ready I do not know. They are now going to waste X on sending the two cards (recorded presumably) whereas if they had given us an appointment when the new ones ARE ready, it could have been a straight swap. Thus saving my tax paying money.
I get that the cards are probably sent out centrally but the system seems daft.

That is really crazy, I’ve not heard of any other prefecture doing a 2 appointment system, what a waste of time!!!

ETA the other prefectures just ask for the card to be sent in

04 does that system or did last october

Is that a different attestation than the one which was given following the original application?
If you’re travelling within Schengen they don’t look at them anyway, at least they didn’t look at mine when I came back from Portugal on the 6th of January.

No, we had EU CDS which involved one trip to the prefecture to drop off the paperwork, we then went back for fingerprints and then got those. In Nov I requested an exchange via the online portal, hence the latest visit to hand in the old EU cards. So I didn’t have any attestation attached to the old card. The woman asked specifically if we were planning to travel back to the UK - so this is Brexit related not Schengen area travel.