Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Angela, have you been in touch with your association - I think it is IOM??? I’m sure they are just as nice as ours!

Hey @toryroo will you tell us sometime, what kind of requests you are still receiving now that the 30th June deadline has passed?

For one thing, I am wondering what excuses people are coming up with for not having got their applications in before the deadline…?

Family members joining.
Today had one that hadn’t put his in as he’d read about the extension!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Yes I did! They suggested I emailed and gave me a form of words. I did and never got a reply even though their website says they reply to all emails within 4 working days… nobody loves me… :cry:

We all love you Angela…! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

You are a kind girl, Helen! Now if you could convince the French government… :rofl:

2 Likes

Completely and utterly shocked.

Submitted WA CDS application 29th June.

Today 12th July - less than two weeks from application - received photo fingerprinting appointment 26th July. In exactly a further two weeks from today. In 46.

If I did it right it was only thanks to the advice and encouragement on here.

4 Likes

3 of my neighbours here in 47 got their WARP CdS’ today. Judging by the 2 “I’ll be back tomorrow” slips in our postbox, we’d have got ours too if we’d been in.

Just under 3 weeks from being fingerprinted at the Prefecture.

2 Likes

As expected, Madame La Poste just delivered our Art. 50 TdS cards, expiry date is 5 years from date of Convocation.

4 1/2 months from request to card in hand.

6 Likes

Seems that it’s very variable as here in Cotes D’Armor 22 we applied in Dec simultaneously, wife got an email two weeks ago confirming she would be getting an Rdv, soon “but please be patient” I’ve still to get that, think I need to call them early next week to see why she has and I haven’t heard anything.

It isn’t possible to ring ours and they don’t reply to emails…

Still dreaming of both a kitchen and a bathroom. Not sure why but one cold tap doesn’t really cut it. Might need a fosse first though. :grinning:

We had to wait 2 years for hot water (other than from a kettle and a feeble electric shower)… :wink:

You have all made me feel much better about my dodgy bathroom arrangements!

2 Likes

And in a proper summer like last year, leave a 5 litre bottle of water open on the countertop in the kitchen and it will hit 38 degrees…and voilà who needs a water heater.

Probably would have got too hot to use if I’d left it outside…

The gîte has two wonderful bathrooms…our house significantly less so! Maybe this autumn will be the lucky one. After been here nearly 14 years now so possibly about time!

3 Likes

@AngelaR …rang the main Cotes D’Armor phone number in Saint-Brieuc on Friday, asked for office WDA applications put through immediately and asked why I hadn’t heard, she couldn’t explain but would re-send and got the confirmation mail midday Saturday. Couldn’t have been more helpful, the lady even asked if there was anything else she could do for me. So if you have a problem in 22 it’s not difficult to get a response.

2 Likes

That’s very good news @strudball - must be such a relief to get a response like that. Unfortunately, St Lo doesn’t work like that - they aren’t putting calls through to the relevant department and just say you have to email. That certainly didn’t work so I don’t really know where to go from here unless it’s via the Embassy…

Angela as you have tried your association I would seriously consider redoing yoru application. Quote in the comments the date and application number of your original application and resubmit - perhaps that will prompt some action on their behalf.

3 Likes