Delays in processing requests for carte de sejour

Thanks @toryroo - I think you are probably right!

Hi Angela

Getting in touch with anybody at St Lo is currently problematical .

It’s now 12 weeks since I had my RDV , and 10 weeks since my wife received her card. We both had our RDV at the same time. I have been told it is in production but that was 7 weeks ago. I am finding it impossible to get anybody to talk to me, and e-mails are not being replied to.

I understand they are under pressure, but so am I.

I have decided to go to see the Mayor this week to see if they can help.

Lets see how we get on.

Andy

3 Likes

I’m glad (in a rather perverse way) that you are also not able to get in touch with anyone at St Lo - I was thinking that they’d taken against me for some reason. Funny how easily one can become paranoid when the situation gets difficult!

1 Like

Sent two emails to Manche Prefecture (via the CdS enquiry link on their website. Had two acknowledgements that they would respond within 5 business days. And, nothing. However, had an email on Saturday and now have my rendezvous at St Lo this Wednesday. Huzzah, only 9 months.

I can confirm that an email from the maire to his/her prefecture… can have excellent results.

crossed fingers that your one will be able to work some magic…

1 Like

That’s very interesting. Martyn - thank you for sharing that! I too had acknowledgements that they would respond within 5 business days and of course nothing ensued. However, if you now have an email (which I bet is not connected to yours) that is most encouraging. I won’t give up hope yet then :smiley:

Angela

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

Copyright 70’s tee shirt

Andy

1 Like

Tory, I am in the same situation as Angela. St Lo is my local office. My application went in +/- 08/03. Got the acknowledgement OK but since then - zilch.

As a yard stick, my application to CPAM St Lo for a C.V. went in, at a vis-a-vis at CPAM, on 09/12 and the card arrived on 30/04. So on 30/07 it will be the same time period but will there be a card? I wouldn’t bet a bathtub on it. Martyn Seed - 9 months appli to RV!

Perhaps I’ll wait till Andy Whitby has any luck via his mayor and’or Angela hears something.

I wouldn’t wnt a 2nd application to confuse what it clearly a very chaotic situation with CdS/D50

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear the problems that all of you have with the St Lo office.
It must feel as though you are in a nightmare.
We were worries when we hadn’t heard anything from Macon for months, but then we had our rendezvous and our cards arrived a fortnight later.
It can happen.

Thanks Jane - all sympathy welcome!

I am choosing to feel encouraged by Martyn’s experience since he clearly submitted his application a month or so before mine. The reason I am encouraged is that he is the first 5 year card application I have heard of to have received anything at all - that matches with what the Association told me so perhaps things are moving at last…

2 Likes

I have had feedback a few weeks ago that they are all starting to get moving even the worst / slowest of them.

That’s good, Tory! St Lo wasn’t doing at all badly by the standards of these things, when it was processing the 10 year cards but it seems to have got itself in a knot concerning the 5 year ones :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve had exactly the same issues with the St Lo office… I got my card (replacing 10 year card) withing four months. My husband, replacing a 5 year card, is still waiting , 8 months after his application.

Yes - that is exactly the same for me - my partner got his 10 year one relatively quickly by the scale of these things but my 5 year one has also been nearly 8 months…

Afternoon Capt,

Well that was interesting.

Went to the Marie and our Mayor was appalled about my delay, and lack of responses.

She rang the St Lo and after a heated discussion, told me that they were unable to give her any info on my application. Nul points for St Lo.

If they will not talk to the Marie, what chance do I have.

In the meantime I have contacted the Embassy in Paris, giving them the history of my application, asking them for assistance in finding out what is going on.

I received this reply

Dear Andy Whitby

Thank you for your enquiry of 22/07/2021 14:00 .

Our living abroad guides provide helpful advice for British nationals.

Advice includes information on residence requirements, tax, health, benefits and finance alongside other work and lifestyle matters.

Regards

David F.

Consular Contact Centre

I am now officially giving up. Would be really interested if @toryroo could offer any advice.

Enjoy the sun all

Andy

Deary me they really are awful! As there are a few of you in the same boat I would honestly just sit tight and try not to worry. It seems they are one of the crazy prefs who are doing them by groups (10 years / 5 year et) so there will be little rhyme or reason as to when you put your application in. Dont’ forget they have until the 01/10 so to them they are doing just fine as they still have nearly 2.5 months left!

I think you are right as usual @toryroo :smiley:

That email @andyw received from the Embassy is appalling but not, unfortunately, surprising. After saying on their outreach meeting that they would put all this useful into in the chat and then the chat just referring to the Living in France guide (which is almost useless) is totally unacceptable. Grrrr

The only positive I am seeing for my position is that @Seedmart has got a RDV - the first 5-year one I’ve come across (if it is indeed a 5-year one). However, that doesn’t help Andy’s position where he’s had his RDV but no card has appeared. I wonder whether camping out in the reception area of the Prefecture would work…

Hi Tory

Take your point.

I know they will have a huge amount of applications to deal with, so I do have sympathy for their position.

However, I have 25 years experience as a Director of a UK nationwide IT company. We assisted HMRC with the introduction of their Real Time Information system, the nationwide weekly submission of payroll details that was needed for the introduction of Universal Credit.

From my experience when government departments stop talking to people it is an indicator that they are in deep doo doo, but do not want to admit it.

Fortunately I have a complete paper trail for applications and communication, so if the worst comes to the worst, I can fight my corner.

I do accept that they have until 01/10 but so far since 27th April they have achieved nothing. What will they achieve in the next 10 weeks?

Angela

Am popping out to Decathlon tomorrow.

1 Like