Derelict car Not working removal

my old english phone number and french postcode

Gracious… :rofl::rofl:

For some things I use my gran’s old telephone number from the year dot. No-one would guess or could find it out nowadays … but as a very small child, sitting in her kitchen, I would hear her rattle off the number every time she answered the phone.

I did and whilst I am sure the Police knew what happened they were unable to prove it.

Sorry Monica… you actually made a formal, signed statement - about the car - and the police could do nothing ?? sounds awful

What actually happened was this guy used to take my husband swimming once a week. When I went into hospital he offered to look after him. I am and always was financially independent of my husband. Whilst I was in hospital my husband had a strange turn and this guy phoned for an ambulance.

I knew that my husband would get a huge bill for this and decided to check his bank statements , this was something I never did. When I checked them I noticed that fuel was being bought on his card, strange as he had no car and could not drive due to his condition. Also considerable sums of cash was taken out during my husbands stay with this guy.

I decided to let it go, when the guy came to take him swimming I refused to let my husband take his card giving him cash instead.

This went on for a few weeks then stopped. Then I wanted to employ someone to come in for an hour a day to stimulate my husband, an English girl. My husbands care worker wanted to bring this guy to translate. I said no as the girl I wanted to employ spoke fluent French.

The care worker kept insisting so I sent her a copy of the bank statment and mentioned my doubts about his reason for befriending my husband.

Next thing the Police were here for me, he had made a claim that I was financially abusing my husband.

Many of my friends and the nurses that came daily to give my husband his insulin were interviewed I was cleared and the police said they were going to turn the investigation around and look at him.

They came back saying there was not enough evidence to press charges.

Now you may understand why rough justice appeals to me

1 Like

Thank you all for your input. The Mayor of our village is going to get him to remove it so looks like problem solved.
Thank you.

5 Likes

This discussion is so English and bon enfant. Try the French way : dump it on his doorstep in the dead of night. There is no court in the land that could blame you or even go through the hassle of proving you did it.

3 Likes

Now then Paul - even in jest, it’s not a good idea to suggest Monica deliberately puts herself in the wrong. :upside_down_face::grin::grin::grin:

I left UK over 30 years ago and consider myself cured. Brits take laws too literally and are totally flummoxed when unsure of which law applies, as is the case here. Direct action is what earns respect. Or she can keep the rusting hulk and turn it into a garden feature.

:upside_down_face: sadly, it is no defence to say that “someone recommended direct action” if poor Monica were taken to task, she would have to carry the can.

If one does something illegal, it is quite possible it will eventually bite one on the bum… generally when one least expects and (possibly) against all the odds. :upside_down_face::roll_eyes::thinking:

I don’t really see how returning someone else’s property can be deemed illegal.

1 Like

I agree, although I guess where it is left or dumped may be the main issue.

1 Like

This is what I will resort to if the Maire can not sort it out.

I took A level law in the 1980’s and the only problem I see in returning it to him is the fact that putting it on his property I could, theoretically ,be charged with trespassing.

Monica if you dump it on public land you will certainly be in the wrong.

3 Likes

Whatever it takes, you must go the legal route, otherwise you leave yourself wide open.

Keep in touch with the Maire… fingers crossed he will come up trumps. If not he will tell you which route to go down to have the matter settled legally.

Monica - did you study in France ?? because no 2 countries are the same. Many have made the mistake of thinking they are…:roll_eyes:

No I studied in the U.K but I am sure a lot of the principles are the same. Its a very small community here and I am certain the Maire know what this person did which is why he may be willing to help.

Not if you stay on public land and just push the car onto his property.

No ,not at all ,apart from the obvious crimes

Thats a bit difficult as he has taken the wheels off and its up on blocks.