Dessert Island Films....Don't miss this, on iplayer (via VPN) for the next week

I love a good film or TV drama....

PERFUME...

This whether you have seen it or not ...is worth catching...

Fantastically vivid (you can almost smell it), fantastically strange and featuring among others the late, great Alan Rickman (although, I had forgotten this)......

God life was grim then.....Glad I'm living in the 21st century...

Great stuff !.....

I'm going to compile a list of say, '20 'Dessert Island Films'.....What would yours be ? ....and why ?

Hi Paul,

Glad you enjoyed the link.....

The nice thing about the radio is that you can still be usefully doing things that need to be done, whereas TV eats up the time..

I access my TV via a VPN, but before I knew about these I used to see what was available on U tube....I discovered a lot of vintage B movies and also rediscovered, the wonderful Ealing comedies....The Lavender Hill Mob, Kind Hearts & Coronets being on of my favourite films of all time ( late great Alec Guinness, Denis Price, etc)...

I suppose it helps to one to be superhumanly energetic and productive & 'driven', if you have got to the point where you employ 'staff' (to do the chores, cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking etc) - amazing how much time ordinary life takes up....I think Bill Gates reached that point very early on...

Almost forgot,

That gritty (from all the walnuts) ....Clint Eastwood inspired..

'Magnum Force'...

withe slogan...

'Go ahead dunk, make my day !'

If you don't fancy sweet things you could also take the savoury route...

With a favourite of mine the 'Spaghetti western"...

'Two Moules for Sister Sarah'...?

:-)

..and as far as music is concerned...I was never that keen on 'In the Gateau'......as I always prefered early Elvis, Sun label stuff...like 'Blue Cheese of Kentucky'.....'Rock aroung the Clock'.....etc.

Yes Brian,

Terrible 'fau pas' for a teacher...'slip of the pen' whilst brain not in gear, you understand.....One of my favourites was always 'The Maltesa Falcon' (low fat version) as well as, 'Icecream Cold in Alex', 'Kind Hearts & Cornettos',but it nearly always created a dilemma...'To have or to Have Not' (pudding that is)...

Do you really mean dessert island? Like Pudding on the Bounty, The Guns of Zabaglioni, Custard's Last Stand or Gone with the Cream?

Hello all,

Just doing my morning email & news check when I came across this , on the topic of favourite music...Interesting about Gates himself , but you have to scroll right down to see his choices....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35442969