Dicing with death

Oh dear … the result of my mother using one of those on me was not having my hair cut for 20 years. I thought they’d been banned as devices of cruelty. Get hair pull out in chunks from the roots - when waterboarding doesn’t work they cut peoples hair with those - anyone will talk faced with the prospect of having their hair yanked out in clumps by one of those.

I used to look like a radiation victim - bad hair cut and great chunks of missing hair.

1 Like

IIRC the last razor comb came with the standard instructions: “if in doubt, try out on an unobtrusive part…”, and I found the least obtrusive hairy part, but lost my nerve at the last minute, pulled myself together hastily, and heaved a mighty sigh relief.

“There’ s many a slip 'twixt… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I do miss my hairdresser.
I too have very thick hair, but I am just letting it grow and growing out my fringe.
I coloured my hair yesterday, at least Jim did, but I had to have another go as he had missed the bits above my ears, where I had told him to put the most colour.
A little lighter than I normally have, but ok.

1 Like

1 bowl and a pair of scissors,et voilà :wink:

1 Like

Reminds me of the Status Quo single “yer in the army now lad”

My daughter sent me a video … showing how to cut my hair… particularly the fringe… but it arrived too late… and I had already hacked at it… :smile: :smile: :crazy_face:

After several years of having a (wet) shaved head, I’ ve gone back to a daily Wahl No1 for both head and beard. Only takes a couple of minutes and as hair whitens and tan deepens, this regime will hopefully develop into a reasonably effective use of my admittedly limited facial aesthetic resources. Will never be able to compete with the likes of Pep Guardiola or the Italian painter Francesco Clemente, but one still can dream…

It’s interesting that the football manager looks more sensitive and tortured than the artist. Nevertheless, I’m also working on the Latin soulful eyes, even if OH says, “Is there something the matter?”

1 Like

Have PG and FC been seen in the same place? (Rather like Stephen Pinker, Simon Rattle and … there’s a third lookalike whose name temporarily escapes me)

There’s one easy way to decide get FC to explain the offside rule

1 Like

is a doddle :grin: at least in rugby.

1 Like

Peps not known for his scrum skills

1 Like

As long as you know the rules, it’s a doddle. There are many more off side rules in rugby than there are in football.

1 Like

Rugby is not based on rules. :slight_smile:

You don’t know rugby then.

I do, it has laws.

Ah that’s better, I see you’re a connoisseur. I take my hat off to you.

1 Like

I might just have been into pub quizzes.

The XIII offside laws are less of a minefield than the XV version.