Did anyone else notice Survive France being poked at on AI?

Now there is a man with a bug up his behind :)

Agreed

I must confess to sticking my oar in this morning but the latest ramblings beggar belief

Thank you Wendy x x x

I hope they don't like it up 'em, here's my two penneth, posted a few mins ago:

"For what it's worth, the advantage of Survive France Network is that members have to use their real names and post a photograph which acts as a sobering influence, no hiding behind pseudonyms there. You are allowed to behave as an adult and criticise others in a polite manner, make jokes and be a bit rude without being banned or censored, as you would be on AI.

If you ask for advice, you can see exactly who's giving it and assess their qualifications for doing so, whereas the info on AI is the sort provided by saloon bar bores, on the whole. The members also seem to have a higher degree of literacy and the whole site has a younger, fresher, more intelligent feel about it. Many of the businesses listed free of charge on AI closed down years ago and I would recommend that you have a purge."

Too scary to mention mate!

Kind of a Eric Clapped-out character what murders his axes!

What with black box slapping.

Brian, you forgot my murdering of many 'leccy' axes ;-)

I fully support SFN which I have always found informative, and from whose members I have received sensible and helpful advice.

As to the other site - the word which springs to mind is idiot .....

I started off on AI then very quickly switched to SFN, AI is over regulated, self opinionated and exists only to advertise artisans willing to pay the fees, who are then not able to be criticise. SFN is user friendly and useful for genuine advice.

Vive la Difference :)

;-)

Fear of 'competition', just perhaps.

Plays drums, rides a chunky bike and dozes off. Wow, a living torpedo :-D

Doreen. Dunno about the 'more academic' members but we certainly have some who have 'Kissed the Blarney Stone'. I find myself dozing off, mid read, at times but it could of course just be my age. What time does nurse come? :-)

Hi Folks,

I think the AI admin did reply to the poster concerned and outlined the difficulties in being an admin on such sites, sometimes having to make 'close calls' as to whether or not to allow a post.

I think the poster just wanted to be heard and went about it the wrong way, after that......being rude is no answer.

John

To True.

I used to use AI as an adverts board for items for sale etc just glancing in to see what was for sale , give-aways etc. I had some good bargains from that as an info site it's never been my 1st port of call.

I think the OP there is trying to raise a campaign against James and Catherine personally as he feels aggrieved by his interpretation of his treatment here. Each time someone posts there he is straight back in to say how badly he was treated. Hint of Troll in my opinion. I did post to the discussion just to put my view which is opposite to the OP's there.

Also, agreeing with your points Theo, many other sites have far less controls over members than practice appears to have been, many of them are after all only proxies based in other countries and need not worry about the authorities where they operate. Advertising still generates revenue but ads in the form of cookies are now competing far too strongly with paid for slots for sites built like AI to thrive.

Claire, AI is a completely different concept. Commercial interests are necessary due to high franchise fees and over-regulations And it is outdated in times where people are looking up on their Facebook etc accounts. After all, what I was reading on the page you linked here was sweet. A bit mocking and a bit disturbed. What was not so nice is the way on how one of the guys directly mentioned the admins here. It bit bungling ;-D

David you are right. In my opinion. Its the AI franchise system that was a good buzz idea. But with Facebook, G+ etc the concept is rather outdated. Who is spending thousands to obtain rights in the hope to generate revenues through ads. All good rubrics diapered because they where in conflict with commercial interests. The concept may still work in places like Singapore, Berlin, Geneva but France has far too many AIs and thats why they are loosing out new subscribers and contributors.

QUOTE:

“I don’t care what you say about me, as long as you spell my name right.”
George M. Cohan (1878-1942)
American songwriter, playwright and producer

No censoriously!