Difficult to obtain ingredients for the Blood Sugar Diet in Rural France

You can get loads of cut-up but otherwise un-mucked-about fruit & veg from Thiriet and Picard. Thay also deliver. Goji berries etc are available in most supermarkets (at least where I live).

Have you got a shop called Le Grand Frais near you? Its fantastic! What a choice of fresh fruit and veggies as well as dried fruits, pulses etc..

Worth looking out for

Kippers (kippers in French) can now be found in Grand Frais, or at least the ones I use regularly. I've also found them in a few of the larger Intermarchés with a large fish counter. I usually eat a few pairs each month.

I started eating pomegranite seeds (grenade) about nine months ago. I try to eat the seeds, mixed in a fruit salad or on their own with a yoghurt or fromage frais most days. Along with regular exercise and other things I have managed to reduce my 'bad' cholesterol from being too high to below normal. The results have been amazing.

They almost always have kippers in the fish section of SuperU in Pineuilh. Lovely fat complete kippers not fillets. Convenient for you after the market in Ste Foy.

@ Helen Franklin

"I bought smoked mackerel (Iknow not kippers but nearly the same)"

With respect, a smoked mackerel is nothing like a kipper in taste.