Discovered a new restaurant - L'Angelick, La Muraz, Haute Savoie

Another little gem nestling in the countryside of the Haute Savoie, in a gorgeous little rural village called La Muraz up on the Saleve mountain - a small pre-alpes mountain. L'Angelick restaurant and brasserie was a real surprise, a real good surprise! Driving out into 'rural France' to this restaurant affords amazing views towards the alps and Mont Blanc but it is only about 25 minutes from the centre of Geneva and about 15 minutes from Annemasse.

L'Angelick, La Muraz, Haute Savoie

L'Angelick, La Muraz, Haute Savoie

L'Angelick has a brasserie at the front which is an informal, light and attractive dining area serving either a menu du jour - comprising four courses (entrée, main, cheese and dessert) for €15 and a bistronomie menu which is three courses for €25, both are excellent value for money. I have eaten here three times so far and everything has been very good, home made and really well presented. The brasserie is open Monday - Friday serving lunch. The restaurant behind has a great modern arty/funky style decor which I loved and is open in the evenings from Wednesday through to Saturday and at lunchtimes at weekends. There are three menus to choose from a discovery menu, gourmet menu and sensations each with a wine menu to go with each course if you wish. The dishes sound wonderful and I am planning on working my way through these menus over time! Have a look at the menus on their website - note that these menus change regularly and according to seasonal produce.

A selection of dishes from L'Angelick

A selection of dishes from L'Angelick

Yannick and Emmanuelle Janin have owned and run L'Angelick since 2009. Yannick the chef offers cooking courses on a Saturday from 9:00 for about four hours and then eating at around 13:00 - check their website for availability. They also provide a catering service. The cooking courses look fun and would make a great present or a good fun corporate day out.

L'Angelick has very recently (2014) been awarded the title 'Restaurant de Qualité' by Le College Culinaire de France, run by a group of fifteen French chefs and co-chaired by Alain Ducasse and Joel Rebuchon - so this is a great accolade. Read the full article on their facebook page

L'Angelick, 160 Centre Village, 74560, La Muraz, 04 50 94 51 97

L'Angelick

L'Angelick

Follow me on twitter @carobfrance or facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TasteofSavoie

Blog: www.tasteofsavoie.com