Do these things happen to you?

I learned to write in a French school in North Africa, with a plume and ink in a well of the desk. The French taught writing beautifully, all joined up in loops.

However, possibly because of ADHD, possibly because I loved Arabic script, I did not join one letter to another but treated each letter as individual. I still write this way, in individual characters, with loops. Script is individual and personal, no one else writes like me. My Chinese students thought it was art. But then, my doctor is also a bit of an artist.

1 Like

Arabic script is cursive though, only a few letters don’t join onto the next :slightly_smiling_face:

I know. I knew but was confused. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

So’s mine, but his writing style is a bit like Picasso’s art, resembles little of reality. Even the pharmacist had to ask me what I needed, a good job I knew the medicine prescribed.

His big advantage for me is that he insists, because of Fran’s immobility, in only making house visits to her and, is perfectly happy to include me in a double consultation, so sitting in waiting rooms is a thing of the past.

The drawback to that is, as he doesn’t have a computer/printer with him all his ordonnances are spider tracks. :rofl:

1 Like

Getting back to the theme - yes it does and it just did.

I get a daily email from an outfit called ‘Book Bub’. Silly name but every day they post 5-6 Kindle/E-book titles for £0.99/£1.99. It’s American and there are a great many titles dealin with The Holocaust and other Jewish issues of that era.

But there’s all sorts. Today I zero’d in on

I hit the Amazon link. The book page came up - but also a banner telling me that I bought this book on April 26th 2022!

Have I as much as glanced at it ? - Noooo :weary:

2 Likes

Maybe you need to buy the companion volume, Memory Training for Seniors

3 Likes