Do you know your UK candidates for the next election?

I’ve tried to find mine, for Broxtowe, without success. All Google will give me is last years local councillors.

Bit early given no one knows when it is.

The candidates for next election haven’t been selected yet. Best I can find for Broxtowe is the Reform Party Candidate -ugh…

But keeping an eye on this site might tell you when selected

Thanks for the link @JaneJones, not too early at all @tim17, I now know 2 of the 4 or 5 most important ones.
After 8 years without a UK vote and 4 without a vote anywhere else in the world I like to keep tabs on my choices. I take democracy, however faulty, very seriously.

3 Likes

Yes - thanks to boundary changes I was recently “moved” from Guildford constituency to Jeremy Hunt’s constituency of Godalming and Ash - it will not surprise many on here to hear that I am very much looking forward to voting him out! :smiley:

I don’t think that the Conservative MP will get re-elected and the Lib Dems don’t really have a chance.
It will be Labour even though Stroud has changed its boundaries and now includes new estates on the outskirts of Gloucester.

It’s predicted that in many constituencies tactical voting will be a big factor - voters who normally vote for a specific non-Tory party based on their convictions, thus splitting the non-Tory vote and letting them get in again, will be getting behind the candidate with the best chance of unseating the local Tory, even if that’s not the party they usually vote for.

This happens a lot in by-elections but not usually at General Elections - but from the analysis I’ve seen the Tories are so hated now that it’s likely that many more people will vote tactically just to get them out and to punish them by reducing their Parliamentary presence to an insignificant rump.

You can use this website to see who best to vote for you if you want to use your vote tactically to unseat the Tories this time around:

(In Stroud yes it seems that Labour are the ones to vote for to unseat Siobhan Baillie.)

Same with Broxtowe for me, goes against the grain though as they are as useless as the Tories imo. :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks. Very useful.

For several years I’ve been a registered overseas voter, but have decided not to renew my registration, because I find the association too depressing. I just don’t want to be part of it!

That is how I feel, been away over 30 odd years and never want to go back. I only know the MP is an ERG Brexiter and actually has lost a lot of local support from what BIL was saying.

Take pity on those of us who are stuck in the UK for the time being please! :slight_smile:

And those of us whose major income is controlled by those representatives.

Please don’t forgo your hard won right.

I won’t repeat all the reasons why you should keep up your UK vote as I know you’re well aware of them.