Do you need help with your tax?

As the old saying goes, nothing is certain in life other than death and taxes. I’d like to add to that.

Completing a tax return is generally a painful process and when it comes to French tax returns, the pain involved is a dead cert!

Yes, you can struggle through on your own or…you can pay someone to do it for you. For people with anything but the simplest tax situations, getting expert help is an extremely sensible course of action. However, not all tax ‘advisors’ are equal and this makes finding someone you can trust difficult. So, we are delighted to recommend https://www.frenchtaxonline.com - a long established tax consultancy firm specializing in tax for foreign residents in France.

French Tax Online can help with both personal and corporate taxation including income tax returns, SCI tax, rental income, IFI and can act as a tax representative in the case of non EU residents selling properties in France. They can assist with both setting up and closing down French companies and also offer bookkeeping services. The website is user friendly and clearly explains exactly how they can help in any given situation; they even have videos available here French Tax Online - YouTube

As you know, at Survive France we only ever promote products and services which we use and believe in. French Tax Online is now one of the service providers we use and recommend. But don’t just take my word for it, go and check out the website, have a read of the blog https://www.frenchtaxonline.com/blog/ and if nothing else, I guarantee you’ll learn something new!

1 Like

Interesting, and nicely presented.

However looked at the page I know most about. And didn’t find it clear. LMP is more like a sole trader company, LMNP is not as pay no cotisations. And many anglophones coming to France now will not have the option of LMNP. Disappointing.

“If you are going to rent out a property in France, you will need to register for a SIRET number or an SCI for any furnished rental activity. Furnished rental is considered a commercial activity by the tax authorities, hence the need to apply for this number.

You can compare the LMNP structure to a UK sole trader company.”

Edit, looked a bit further over my coffee and some good stuff. But as ever I think people need to do their research to know what questions to ask, and not just accept a standard solution without checking it works for them.

1 Like