Do you want to keep your EU citizenship, even after Brexit?

1 Like

not sure whyā€¦ but the link wonā€™t play the video for meā€¦ :frowning:

Worked OK for me!

1 Like

Iā€™m aware of this project, not sure if itā€™ll make it through the european parliment but if it does Iā€™ll be in the queue :wink:

4 Likes

Us too!

3 Likes

That is just gloriousā€¦Iā€™ll have a large glass of whatever he was drinking before falling asleep and dreaming this motion up :joy:

2 Likes

Yippeeā€¦ copy and paste-and-goā€¦ into Chrome and it worksā€¦ but no idea why it wonā€™t work on Googleā€¦

1 Like

sounds great to me :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lovely idea and Iā€™ve signed the associated petitions to support it but I have a
feeling that the remaining EU states might vote it down because of the
refusal of the UK Government to assure the position of EU Citizens
presently resident in the UK. Even when those EU Citizens are prepared
to change their nationality, they are having obstacles placed in their
way which are against EU laws. This behaviour wonā€™t help foster good
relations towards the UK or British Citizens and may cause this generous
idea to be crushed - even though it is for all ex EU Statesā€™ Citizens
and not just those from the UK.

1 Like

Copied from the excellent ā€œThe Connexionā€ newspaperā€¦

Expat rights deal ā€˜may be closeā€™
November 23, 2016
BRITAIN may be close to agreeing a deal on reciprocal rights for existing British expats in the EU and EU citizens in Britain, it is being claimed.

Some of the British national media today state that ā€˜senior government figuresā€™ have reassured business leaders that only a few remaining EU states have yet to agree to allow expats to maintain the right to continue to live and work in their adopted countries after a Brexit.

This is said to be leading to speculation that a deal may be announced at a Brussels summit in December.

This comes as British Prime Minister Theresa May told a leading business organisation, the CBI, that she is hoping for ā€˜an early agreement on the status of UK nationals in Europe and EU nationals hereā€™.

However a government source told The Telegraph that while they ā€œhope and expect to guarantee the reciprocal rights of EU and British citizensā€, it is ā€œpremature and wrongā€ to suggest certainty.

ā€œNo deals have been struck, formal or informal,ā€ the source said.

The chairman of the British Community Committee of France, Christopher Chantrey, said: ā€œThis is good news for us all.ā€

1 Like

What about Britts in Ireland?

ā€¦ Did you know that Polish people represent the highest percentage of the foreign-born population in Norway? Or that the largest proportion of immigrants to the Republic of Ireland hail from the UK?

1 Like

YES - without doubt even if I have to change my name, my nationality, my sex or anything else!

2 Likes

If you have been fiscally resident in the Republic of Ireland for more than four years, you can apply for Irish Nationality at a cost of 1200ā‚¬ or you can obtain an Irish passport if one of your parents or grandparent were born on the island of Ireland.

1 Like

This Brexit nonsense will go on for years and years, and end in the usual mess,so donā€™t worry about it and enjoy whats enjoyable while you still have your health.

2 Likes