Does anyone know how to find out whose number this is?

I have a telephone number that I wish to use....it only gives a recorded message - does anyone have any ideas on how to find out to whom the number belongs. I have tried googling it but found nothing. Anyone with any ideas please? The number is +44 1250 820800

Thanks....

ah okay so I found the same things and did the same things but didnt see the 0800busters on syncme,,,,,still dont get how the lady told me at localphone.com that it is not their number....? odd that they dont know their own numbers nor is it a number that is displayed or shown to be used by localphone.com.....but the number works fine anyway for using from france to get free 0870 or 0500 number calls to uk.....

didn't take me long, googled the number with a 0 rather than +44 on google.co.uk, then found syncme and telephonecodes.info pointing ownership to the two companies, 0800busters website says it was powered be localphone

there was also a forum post mentioning that the number was usefull for calling 0800s

;)

grrr...editing not great.... start again

''well, a quick google search shows it linked to 0800busterso i googled them and got 0800buster.co.uk, then a bit more digging found that it was most recently registered to Localphone Limited, and looking at 0800buster's website it seems they are a subsidiary of Localphone, so googling localphone limited got me the website https://www.localphone.com/''

thank you for your reply Joe and all your work on this as well. Well that is really weird cause I phoned localphone.com today and they said it is not their number....and I asked her to take the number and check and she said no....by the way when I googled it I did not come up with those repsonses so would love to know how you there....someone suggested local phone to me which is why i googled them and got their number and called them....do you know or have you or anyone used this number before? It is very handy / useful and money saving if living in france...

well, a quick google search shows it linked to 0800busterso i googled them and got 0800buster.co.uk, then a bit more digging found that it was most recently registered to Localphone Limited, and looking at 0800buster's website it seems they are a subsidiary of Localphone, so googling localphone limited got me the website https://www.localphone.com/

hope this helps

from reading the forum post around it it seems they have a high turn over of numbers, and that the official number to use frequently changes,

it may be that this is just an older number that hasn't been disconnected yet but is no longer "officially" supported, they might for example be paid more to handle the call through thye newer number on the site so tell people its not them to stop them using it

another popssibility may be that the number has been picked up by a different operator and that they havem kept it in use to harvest information, think recording and voice recognition to extract passwords/address details etc. but then again i would imagine it is pretty unlikely this is the case

if the company are sayiong it is defo not them then i would suggest being careful about how you use it and maybe look to use there newer 03 number instead