Does anyone know where I can get a Covid-19 Test in the Bergerac area as I need to go back to England in March please?

That all makes sense now!

Hi Tory.
I’m not sure how the residency permit affects me in 2021?
When I am called to Perigueux to finalise and hopefully receive the permit, does that mean I can stay in France after the 90 days (March 31) out of the permitted 180 is up?
Thanks.
Martin

As you’ve made your application and received the attestation, the 90 days don’t start until the middle of the year (from memory, June 30th) by which time you should have a Titre de Sejour so you won’t be affected by the 90 days in 180 rule in France.

1 Like

Thanks Brian.
You really are on the ball.
Cheers
Martin

As Brian has said you have already secured your rights by having done your application so the 90/180 does not apply to you. Just keep the cut off bit from the end of your confirmation email in your passport to prove you have made your application.

They have until October (I thin it is 31st) to have got everyones cards for them so in theory they can’t / shouldn’t be asked for between now and then.

You guys have been such a help. Thanks.

2 Likes

Try your local pharmacy who have received recently anti-Covid shots. I’m on French national health care, so I had no problem.

Thanks Tony,
I have my NHS/EU Health card so will flash that about if they hint I might be able to take a test. I don’t want to queue jump but find the French very accommodating usually

If you need the test as i said by email just go to your local laboritoire and they will do it for you.

@Christopher_Walker
I can’t remember what you said about your French, if you aren’t happy using it on the telephone, would you like me to ring the novabio lab for you to book a slot for testing?

I think he is in Frejus at the moment @vero but yes Martin please let us know if anyone can help you with it.

No more complicated to ring Fréjus than Bergerac :laughing:

1 Like

One can go into any pharmacy or to your doctor and get a vaccination. Just remember the two-month delay between shots. If living in the countryside (as I do) the local pharmacy is a bit more handy.

Btw, it appears they will not be continuing with the AstraZeneca product. Regardless, a second-shot is always highly recommended. Even if not with the exactly the same anti-Covid vaccine.

Still, the French PM has suggested that people take the AZ shot because it is safe particularly for those above 55-years of age. (And they have 2 million of them still unused 
 !)