Does anyone use SOSH?

I have a contract with SOSH which I am thinking of cancelling, mainly due to the fact that it never works when abroad - even though my settings say that it will. There is much talk on the forum about this - it seems to be a common problem. The issue is that SOSH is totally robotic and it is impossible to talk to anyone.
Anyone else have an experience with SOSH?

Oh dear, that is bad news as just today Iā€™d decided to change over from Orange to SOSH as the SOSH deal is far cheaper than the Orange deal that Iā€™m presently on. I think Iā€™ll wait and see what other peopleā€™s experiences are.

Are you referring to a mobile phone contract?

We swapped from Orange to Sosh. When it works itā€™s fine, but as Geoff says the support services are non existent. Basically you get what you pay forā€¦and a mobile at 1ā‚¬ doesnā€™t get you much.

I have a SOSH mobile contract and the last time I was in the UK it worked without issue. Like most of those who use SOSH I chose it based on cost but touch wood up to now cannot complain.

Hi there - Iā€™ve been using SOSH for around 4 years now and yes, the lack of customer service is a problem. You can only contact them via their platform and itā€™s often difficult to get to speak to someone. When all is working ok itā€™s fineā€¦You get what you pay for. Itā€™s the discount version of Orange due to not needing to employ staff, but Iā€™m seriously considering moving back to Orange who I was with previously and whose customer service is excellent.

I use Sosh for my internet and a mobile phone just used for French calls and texts.
Always been very pleased with the service and much cheaper than Orange. You are getting your service from Orange and the main difference I believe is your access to phone based customer services. Personally for me, talking on the phone in French is very difficult, so an internet based contact system is much more preferable.
I even get email notifications to advise me to disconnect my router when bad weather is predicted in my region.
Hope this helps.

I was with SOSH for internet and phone for a number of years and Iā€™d agree that you get what you pay for. Ime, the service was excellent - they once even detected (automatically) that our Livebox was fried and initiated a replacement without me having to speak to anyone! (Having the ā€˜My Liveboxā€™ app on my phone was an essential part of that though)

On the 2 occasions I had to speak to them (for my neighbours as it happens), I found the service adequate and without any huge wait. I also did a chat session with SOSH. Again, perfectly adequate. You have to accept that it is a budget version of Orangeā€™s full package. Personally, I think it is a decent rapport qualitĆ© prix, as they say.

just to clarify, it is a package for just under 30ā‚¬ per month for internet (with phone) plus a sim card for my mobile. It works well in every respect - except when I am out of the country.
The system knows I am abroad because it sends me a message wishing me a nice time ! - however although my ā€˜use abroadā€™ option is indeed activated - it does not work.
They seem to have no staff - only a ā€˜communityā€™ - whatever that means - it seems to be lots of users with nothing else to do other than try to assist other users. I have not found a ā€˜tchatā€™ option so would be very happy if someone could please point me in that direction.
cheers
geoff

I might be pointing out the obvious but are you sure that itā€™s not just a setting on your phone. Last time I was travelling through Europe my French phone package did not cover use in Switzerland and when I was near to the border I switched the roaming option off so it would only pick up a French network. If your phone has the roaming option turned off it will not work outside France.

I hope Iā€™m not going to be a pain but youā€™d have to expand on what you mean by ā€œit does not workā€ for me to able to suggest anything. That said, I think Danā€™s suggestion (of enabling roaming on your phone) is a good suggestion to check.

When I was with SOSH, I had no problems making calls from the UK.

I mean that unless I have wifi coverage, I cannot make or receive calls, nor can I use the internet

So if itā€™s not recognising the local network then you need to look at your phone settings. Might be on manual selection, or roaming turned off?

I am ashamed to say that I think Jane & Dan may be right. I thought my phone was set to roam - in fact the little ā€˜Rā€™ icon is displayed, but I do now see that is was not set to roam for mobile data.
Perhaps that is indeed the answer - the problem is that I will need to wait until next abroad to find out !
thanks
geoff

1 Like

If it still doesnā€™t work it might be worth trying the SIM in another phone.

Orange. The vampire of telcos - pass the garlic.

I note that nobody mentioned any other telco but Orange and their budget off-shoot [as I gather SOSH to be].

I have had dreadful experience with Orange.es so am hoping to avoid it come the day I need a telco in FR.

Their SIM card P.A.Y.G. was very expensive but I had to maintain a SP phone number as +44 numbers were never accepted on forms or by institutions such as banks. I assume the same will apply in FR.

For a SIM card contract that I actually use, iD Mobile [a budget offshoot of Car Phone Warehouse] is fab. It doesnā€™t care which country youā€™re in - the rates are all the same.

In my case I get 300 mins, 3Mb data and a squillion texts for Ā£5 p.m. Unused data rolls over into the following month. I believe that deal is now Ā£7.50. There are other packages with more of everything. Worth checking out next time you are in UK. Like SOSH they have no C/S but there are dedicated folk on the forum to sort problems. These people usually know more than employed C/S staff.

An approach to Orange.es for a fibre internet service, as advertised on all the bus shelters in Valencia, got the response that as a foreigner I was ineligible. When told that I had had an Orange SIM card for 4 years, the story was that there was no fibre in my neighbourhood - central Valencia only 500m from City Hall. When informed that I had spoken to a fitter who was installing a fibre box, complete with Orange logo, on the wall outside our street door, the Orange person put the phone down!

If Orange.fr is like this, I donā€™t want anything to do with them. What are the alternatives? In particular, have the French, like the Brits and now the Spanish, come round to offering internet contracts without landline?

this SOSH sounds a bit like ryanair.

Are we talking about the same Orange here?
We have had problems with our land line since the 15th December and talking to friends so have they.
We have only just found out that there is a major problem in our area and they are putting up new poles and lines. Our area has been ignored for a long time.
The Mayor has the same problem Stella.