Dog photos only

What a splendid idea. Pleased to see an Airedale among them. :grin:

2 Likes

My 4-month old puppy (on the left, obvs.) this morning, his first tentative steps into any body of water, he even swam a bit with that lab! (that’s the River Coquet, at Warkworth, Northumberland)

In boot of car after the wet excitement…

With a neighbour’s golden retriever.

5 Likes

What a difference a year makes…:grinning:

Wilf…My gorgeous Border Collie pupster from one week to one year :heart:

Edited to add…of course I’ve missed out a thousand photos in between :grinning:

10 Likes

Beau. Border Collie. The real thing, from a farm near Peebles in the Tweed Valley. Made redundant as a trainee for being too clever for her own good.

Died 18 years ago. I’m still ripped up …

9 Likes

She’s absolutely beautiful :heart:

Do you think you may ever have another border collie in the future…???

Yes, she was a beauty. She also had a profound effect on people when they met her. Over and over again people used to say, “It’s like meeting a person.”

A friend said she was a bhodisatvva who had temporarily taken the form of a dog to bring a moment’s peace to human souls. She did have that effect.

She was a big star on the Portobello Road. I used to do my weekly fruit and veg shopping there. I let the dog run loose amongst the milling crowds. She loved to meet and greet.

At the stall where I always got some of my stuff there was a lad who was a little bit touched. He used to fetch the boxes of veg from their store “More parsnips, please, Richard!”. He loved Beau. He would get down on the ground and they’d have a big cuddle, even in pouring rain. Having a cuddle with that dog was a light in Richard’s life and somehow the dog was aware of this.

If I got another dog it would have to be a Border Collie. I like pretty much all dogs except the category known to me as ‘a rat on a string’. Valencia was teeming with them. Tiny yappers in flats.

I was given this dog. I did not choose her. I most certainly did not own her. Having her put down was and still is an excruciating pain. I dream of her at night.

It’s a tough one.

9 Likes

Daisy, the J.R. skulks in the b/gnd, believing that now there will be trouble. Pickle is cool. “It’s our rabbit …”

8 Likes

I feel that with most of my dogs. Sometimes I get to thinking about one in particular, my favourite, but then think, but what of so and so? They are all in different ways, favourite. It started with Lira the Greyhound, Match the Breton, Lurch the Lurcher, Ramona the Beauceronne, and so it goes on. Only one died a ‘natural’ death, Match who had a sudden brain haemorrhage and dropped dead in an instant. All the others were saved from a lingering one.
Match, Lurch and Lira

Ramona

Ramona was a big dog, but she loved even bigger ones. Bernie came into our lives suddenly as an urgent foster, it took her some time but she finally got him to play. I would have adopted him if he didn’t completely block doorways in our small house. Might have saved her life, if this friendship stopped her wandering, into the path of a car.

8 Likes

What a touching tribute to such a beautiful soul…:heart::heart::heart:

Here’s a few of our German Shepherd’s and our Maine Coon managed to sneak in too.

10 Likes

Beautiful German Shepherds but I admit a strong bias. Handsome cat too!

1 Like

Bloody big cat! - it is the size 9f a German Shepherd!

3 Likes

I’m sure the Shepherds know who’s boss.

1 Like

Sorry about the quality, hands full at the moment so only a quick sortie with the handheld GoPro. Newbie Noubia in the red harness and Jules.

5 Likes

Beautiful!

Say hello to Muppet and Chien. We get some looks when we call them on the beach :rofl:

Uncut Poodles crossed with Viemarama, the cleverest dogs I’ve ever had

5 Likes

Noubia again, and with Jules.

7 Likes

I really like the first picture, has a sort of misty, mystical, quality about it though I claim no expert credit for myself. I normally, rather than try and pose dogs, make videos and take snapshots from them when I can choose the best angles.

But that first one was different. It was inside the house, without flash, and while I was trying to work out which button to press for video took the photo by accident. :rofl: It was taken with my Nikon, a camera which I haven’t used for a while, preferring the handiness of the tiny GoPro (actually an Apeman, but like Hoover GoPro is generic now). No zoom with the GoPro which is why I picked up the Nikon again, and glad I did. :grinning:

1 Like

“All dogs great and small” by Graeme Hall the dog trainer, is on Amazon UK today for £0.99p.

Typing in B08N4P6TT9 should fetch it up quickly. I always click the picture to see the early pages for free.

Who knows perhaps there are also some hints in there that can be adapted for training cats? :slight_smile:

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:Good luck with that :flushed:
Let us know how the hospital room was :grin:

6 Likes