Dog photos only

7 Likes

ā€œIn the home, a dog has a family. A cat has staff.ā€

5 Likes

Here are photos of our dogs.
Firstly, hereā€™s Annie. She was a fox terrier x patterdale. We came to France in 2006 with her when she was a few months old. Sadly, she died in December 2020. She was a legend.

In 2010 we did a 500km round trip to buy Rosie. She is a (very expensive) LOF fox terrier. When she was 6 months old, she went walkabouts. She was found 2 weeks later, 10 km away, by a family who saw our flyer saying she was lost and asking for information on her whereabouts. Since then, the whole of our property has been fenced off so thereā€™s no chance of that happening again!

Finally, hereā€™s Ruby. A rescue dog we were told was a pointing griffon crossed with something. We think it must be greyhound because sheā€™s really fast. In fact we think she would have beaten some of our TB racehorses we owned and trained when we were in the UK.

7 Likes

Notre caniche miniature en grise, who has a four page pedigree of national champions as ancestors (but who due to the vetā€™s intervention is the end of that line).

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :hugs: :heart_eyes: :hugs: :heart_eyes: :hugs:

Now I see why her monthly toilettage costs so much

2 Likes

Except if you have a Saluki or Saluki cross. Mine is busy training me for a lifetime of servitude :sweat_smile:.

5 Likes

A rediscovered 2004 photo, of abandoned Fifi the dog settling in well, and furious Fanny the catā€¦.!

Eighteen or so years ago this was, but is as of yesterday.

7 Likes

I had to share :heart_eyes:

https://youtu.be/SUTBHgBl8-8

8 Likes

Aahhh! Wonderful - thanks for sharing!

1 Like

And then, upstairs on the bed, he had the kit for lunchā€¦

Apologies for my dark sense of humour, itā€™s actually a lovely clip of inter-species assistance!

2 Likes

And amazing how some dogs, and especially an Ally, have such a soft touch with their jaws. Carrying a kitten by the scruff, a la the mother, is one thing, but to take the whole head inside is quite another.

We had a Spaniel/Collie cross foster once who presented me most gently with a tiny naked robin chick. He allowed me to take it from his jaws and put it back in the nest. I praised him for giving it to me, but gave a stern finger wag when I put it back. And he was a cat chaser.

1 Like

Unbelievably my Border Collie pup is approaching 2 and a halfā€¦:heart:

5 Likes

Welcome back Helen. Hope things are good with you and the collies!

1 Like

I am not allowed to :heart: every single dog pic in this thread šŸ„¹

Here is my Maud. You can see what she thinks of me :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Weā€™re goodā€¦!

Just found this pic of pup from October 2020ā€¦so cuteā€¦:grinning:

And this one from when my partner was just recently over hereā€¦heā€™s really protective of me and for a couple of nights wouldnā€™t let my partner move without barking at him and I slept a couple of nights on the sofa with pupster while everyone else slept on the bed in the bedroom :grinning:

Finally they made friends :heart:

5 Likes

Does she like popcorn? Not a photo I know, but couldnā€™t resistā€¦! Itā€™s the eye contact.

1 Like

Ha! Ha! Ha! Maud has never tried popcorn (gassy!) and I donā€™t have a hoodie but it is hilarious what you can find online.

I can waste loads of time with Youtube feeding me animal videos, saying, ā€œJust one moreā€¦ā€. Nothing quite like a puppy or kitten to warm the cockles

:cry:

Quite a longish read but very endearing for dog lovers about adopting a greyhound ā€œbag of coat hangersā€ named Basil:

The ā€˜pea theoryā€™ is also quite good if you ever suffer from anxiety