Dongles

and on a similar track does anyone use payasyougo dongles or a monthly package with a dongle to access the internet and are their any good deals around

We used McDonalds for the period...even bought our house on their unsecured line...used to go in at 9am every morning to the St Cyp branch...they got to the stage of preparing our coffee before we asked...we stayed a whole hour a day and were never hassled by staff...worked well for us!

Thanks for that i suspect that using the wifi links in LODEV will be the best solution!

we moved to the Languedoc 3 years ago. We were within a few miles of Spain....and whilst waiting for France Telecom to provide us with a telephone, thus broadband, line...(a mere 5 months) we bought a dongle in Perpignan. We told them where we lived...St Cyprien....15 miles from the Alberes Mountains...they didnt mention it wouldnt work there....and sure enough...it didnt work! we managed two connections over 5 months....

I bought Dongles when I bought a flat in the UK..and the first question they asked was where I lived....and they could tell me if the dongle would work. Same as when I spent a month with my mum when my dad died...that was Eastbourne...and they told me the dongle wouldnt work and to use a different provider....

Ask if the dongle will work...and if not if they will give you your money back....when they work they are magic....