Don't Panic

quite possibly… I can’t remember if it normally makes a noise when an SMS is incoming… mostly, it’s actual calls and they ring loudly…
whatever… I reckon this was a good local result.

Thanks for the replies. I wasn’t being serious. :grin: Hence the thinking emoji! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No I don’t live there. Some months ago the whole south coast from Menton to Argèles was going to have a tsunami alert test via mobile phones but it never happened. Apparently we are susceptible to them if that big rock on La Gomera does break off or there is an earthquake in the sea and this being a huge flood plain region right to the PACA is liable to flood.

that certainly explains why you didn’t receive today’s Alert sent to mobile phones in Dordogne :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

My telephone was on silence because of work but the alarm still sounded, very loudly as umpteen went off at once. I got a message about a minute later.

1 Like

Ah… that’s interesting… so it even “overcomes” the silent mode…

OH has confirmed that mine didn’t warble or anything like… but it is probably so old-fashioned that it flummoxed the alert system…

As a rule SMS makes my phone vibrate and flash… but it was lying on the table while we were pottering nearby, so even vibrating it didn’t get noticed… :wink:

Apart from today, OH always has his phone… so we’ll not miss any Alerts… one way or another… :+1:

My wife received the message and accompanying noises:

1 Like

that’s the message I got too… (short version, it seems )
what sort of noise… was it different to usual ???

It was a loud alarm very different from the normal notification

2 Likes

Gosh… this is odd… OH is thankfully my witness, otherwise I’d think I was losing the plot.

Officially my address comes under Haute-Vienne, but the house is on the border of Dordogne and Haute-Vienne, and I got the alarm.
Sent me and my cats flying 6 ft in the air!

1 Like

I and the family are with them so perhaps thats why previously when we were supposed to receive a tsunami alert, nothing happened.

1 Like

that could be the answer… hopefully things will get sorted.

1 Like

I know this thread is about the phone warnings but the title was just so appropriate…

I found out this morning that part of our village is going to be closed next Tuesday and also evacuated because of bomb disposal. Never come across this sort of thing before and I must admit I did panic a bit to start with!

I also thought of posting this in the cheerful thread because the Mairie is opening the Salle de Fetes for the day in order to look after the evacuated people. I do like France :smiley:

3 Likes