Dossier de Diagnostic Technique (DDT)

Hello, I have to have a mandatory DDT to sell my property and I have been quoted 2000€ by a local company. This seems a bit excessive. Has anybody had recent experience of this please?
Richard White

It can vary considerably and possibly even from one department to another but here in the Morbihan where I frequently arrange these inspections on behalf of clients a typical single family home of five or six pieces would normally cost no more than euros 500.

Always get at least 2 quotes, preferably 3.

1 Like

Allo Diagnostics are a national company who are very professional and reasonably priced. Just put in your postcode to see where the nearest operator is. You can obtain an online devis to give you an idea of costs. https://agence.allodiagnostic.com/338507-allo-diagnostic-immobilier-quimper?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign=20150428s-vc1

The price is usually based on the m2 of the house. In fact in order to market your home you legally only need the DPE (energy report) to be done (even as a private seller it must be done). DPE is valid 10 years. Agents usually advise that you get the whole dossier done so that if a buyer comes along they are all done and ready to go (except termites which are only valid 6 months).
However other diagnostics (eg electricity) are only valid for a limited period, up to 3 years. If you don’t sell within the period of validity you would have to pay for them to be redone. (I used to be an estate agent)

PS - for a DPE, propably around 100€ depending on house size

That is all correct Julia. I find that most of my clients have the full DDT carried out ‘up front’ as they are invariably optimistic that their property will sell quickly. Others would rather wait until they find a buyer before splashing out more than they have to and just elect for the DPE which as you say costs in the region of something just over a hundred euros.
It is worth noting that if you do not have a fixed system of heating then a DPE is not obligatory to place a property on the market.

My son had to pay 600 Euros for a very thorough DDT for the five storey nightmare he inherited plus another 100 Euros for the plumbing diagnostic. It was extremely thorough, the diagnostician spending an afternoon in the house examining every nook and cranny and the report was equally rigorous. I wish something similar was available in England and Wales so as not to waste time viewing only to find issues after the surveyor’s report. I was considering Scotland and was very impressed by being able to view a Home Report before going to the trouble of arranging a viewing. I nevertheless thought that the DDT was expensive but 2,000 Euros is excessive.