Dr John Campbell

Dr John Campbell….

A long time advocate of aspiration before injection…(he wrote to the previous U.K. vaccine minister) and much loved around the world for his calm analysis of the data…

Might such a simple procedure as aspiration and the extra few seconds involved prevent some of the adverse events such as myocarditis and pericarditis…???

Here he is in conversation with a health professional in Denmark where they have a significantly lower rate of adverse events compared to neighbouring Norway due to a policy of aspiration before injection

I see that he is not actually a doctor of medicine…

No apparently he has a doctorate in nursing iirc.

If I’m being advised medically and a nurse seems hesitant even though a doctor is there, usually they have much more practical experience so it’s worth listening IMV

1 Like

Why aspiration before an intramuscular injection? You aspirate to see if you hit a vessel etc but in the usual IM vaccine sites there aren’t any, back in the day when I was taught to do IM injections (vaccinations, can’t get away from them…) it wasn’t seen as useful.

Really? What a weirdly sentimental attitude.

1 Like

Especially having looked at his YouTube stats. Unless he has a significant following elsewhere he seems to be getting views aligned to lower mid level youtubers, unknown people unboxing sex toys or testing the new Fenty Beauty eyebrow pencil get more views than John, as interesting and helpful to some he may be. Good luck to him though, he’s certainly managed to get his 5 minutes.

2 Likes

He doesn’t claim to be a doctor of medicine. His bio on his Youtube channel says:
I am a retired Nurse Teacher and A and E nurse based in England. I also do some teaching in Asia and Africa when time permits. These videos are to help students to learn the background to all forms of health care. My PhD focused on the development of open learning resources for nurses nationally and internationally.
He also has a disclaimer which says:
These media including videos, book, e book, articles, podcasts are not peer-reviewed. They should never replace individual clinical judgement from your own health care provider. No media-based material on this channel is suitable for using as professional medical advice. All comments are also for educational purposed only and must never replace advice from your own health care provider.
From the few videos I’ve seen he speaks with clarity and seems to have an understanding of the science behind Covid (as well as other things) rather than peddling conspiracy, lies and nonsense.
Izzy x

3 Likes