Driving through Calais

Ladies and Gents,
For goodness sake, what are you expecting at Calais! We, and family/friends, use this route regularly and have never experienced any problems. You hardly see any of these poor unfortunate people unless you go off route and look for them.

I came over on the tunnel crossing yesterday and tried to go via the Calais terminal routes as wanted to drop of some warm clothing to the the poor people who are living in hell hole that is the 'Calais Jungle" I was not able to access any of the roads leading to the jungle as it was in the same place as the Ferry Terminal. all roads were closed. I spent a good hour trying to do this. Apparently yesterday the CSR had closed off a lot of the roads making access very difficult due to "riots"

Just used tunnel today, half empty, higher security but that is fine. Smooth travelling

We crossed using the Eurotunnel back in August. This was when the problems were at their height too.

Everything was fine. We saw just a couple of guys walking by the roadside - but there was nothing menacing or worrying.

I experienced no problems when I used Calais port recently.

On the motorway, straight to ferry terminal. No problems (I hope … We are crossing on Monday morning).

I came back yesterday via the channel tunnel and had no problems at all.

Best advice. Avoid Calais. Take the ferry from Dieppe to Newhaven. Obviously depends where you’re travelling from and going to but that’s a safe crossing with no immigrant problems.

We went via Eurotunnel in October and had no problems. Didn’t see any migrants at all in fact…an awful lot of barbed wire though!

Yes, just stick to the main road and don't believe all the journalist hype to sell their publication. Crikey I even left the main road to fill up with fuel at 0.73p in the main town nearby the encampment before coming back to the UK. Noted the large number of armed guards beside the roads and the 2 very high fences so no one straying around where they used to, safer now.