Drones? Is it OK to throw rocks at them if they fly over your house and garden?

True, but an excellent tool if all they want to discover is whether the house is empty or not. Holiday properties for example.

1 Like

Your “belief” Tracey, like mine, (whatever our beliefs are), dont count!! :grin:
Any wonderful invention, is likely to be as useful to criminals as it is to the Pure and Innocent… Information, such as - how many incidents of illegal use are on record - are sure to influence how I, and hopefully ‘the public’ like laws to be made and applied.
The people using their fun tecky toy, so close to my house, in a dangerous and disturbing way, were already breaking French law. I didn’t know that, so I was just scared and did nothing to stop them. Now! Feeling enlightened by information and research, I will if I can, shoot the next effing drone that comes near me, out of the sky …(lower than sky, it was approx eye level) after making sure the cops know about it. If you like drones yourself, and your pals also, I can only, politely request…that you take whatever laws are already established, into account.

1 Like

Thank you everybody!! I had no idea that we had all moved into Big drone use. Knew nothing whatever about the tech. Or its huge selection off good and bad uses, which are easy enough to discover, with minimal research. Among the more imaginative uses already on record are a wide selection of breaches of security, dangerous use close to animals and people, offensive use in noise and other kinds of disturbance of the peace, pedophiles use in photographing school playgrounds,
.but you can read all about all of it online, an up to date report is this one…

As for me and my own drone nuisance. He/they were breaking the French law, and for my own safety, my cat’s, and my neighbors, I will be delighted to call our matey, armed, cops, if the drones show up, to annoy, again.

Not particularly, I can see their uses, but no, I am a normal gal and drones are not my thing! :grin:

1 Like

…normal?.. Did you mean drones are boys things? :relaxed:

Hi Jeanette
I see where you’re going. No, I am sure there also a lot of women that enjoy them too! :laughing:

1 Like

:grin:. O k …and normal…?

1 Like

I might have exaggerated there! :crazy_face:

1 Like

…ah!..that’s better…:grin:

1 Like

These laws only apply to the UK, and as you live in France, then the French laws apply. They are pretty much similar all over Europe, but the majority of drone pilots dont give a monkeys as the cheap and nasty toy versions dont generally come under the enforceable laws. The commercial ones i have flown do, due to the weight of them. Commercial drones also come under the ANO (Air navigation Order) which requires flight plans to inform local Flight information services as to the details of the flight. The one you saw was definately cheap crap and i wouldnt hesitate to throwing a brick at it. Now where did i leave the 12 bore !!

1 Like

A global concern, multiplying… "Reportedly, in Tokyo, local gangs have started using drones to transport drugs across the city.

In response, the police are using net-carrying drones to try to capture these packets mid-air.

The gangs are counter-attacking with their own net-drones to try and drop police drones.

In a statement with the Tokyo police, they say they “Haven’t had this much fun in years”
Tokyo drone catcher…

checked locally and got this response:

If anyone finds a drone flying over them - “spying” or whatever - the incident should be reported to the Mairie. Same goes for “spy” cameras that some folk are putting in trees and all sorts of odd places.

1 Like