Ducks in a row (travel to France sometime again soon)

I keep seeing UK plates everywhere and there should be any yet. I am assuming they must be people living here who haven’t reregistered their cars…
Our experience when driving a UK registered car over here before we swapped was that the gendarmes doing controles tended to be frightfully busy checking something when we went past - case of “Oh no - can’t face talking to another Brit who doesn’t speak any French” I think :smiley:

except here in 16, @Rocam recalls seeing local Gendarme positively stopping UK matriculated cars and seizing those not legally present in France. Good on them!!

That’s interesting, Graham. Certainly doesn’t seem to happen here - in fact I can’t remember when I last saw a gendarme :thinking:

2 Likes

Bugger, that’s the one I tell the OH :rofl:

1 Like

The English are here, somewhere, if the shelf empty of tonic on Tuesday was anything to go by. :roll_eyes: :frowning_face:

Not a lot of gin in evidence either. :astonished:

The Brit shelves in our local SuperU were depleted today.

It’s probably BoJo’s dad making his property covid secure :rage:

Actually, I considered finding a couple of people to agree to a week’s rental over the summer and then going out on that basis over Easter. What stopped me was mainly the worry that they’d put France on the “Red List” while I was over - didn’t fancy getting fleeced to stay in a poor quality hotel room as well as all the tests on return.

1 Like

Can’t say I’ve ever bought anything from one of the “UK produce” sections.

Not been here long enough Paul - the Marmite fetishists can get desperate :rofl:

No chance of that happening to me - can’t stand the stuff. My wife on the other hand…

But I agree, we’re usually over for two weeks maximum so not long enough to really miss anything. That said I don’t think we’d miss anything in a typical UK section and about the only thing I think I’d miss would be bacon.

I agree about the bacon. My partner has long discussions with the local butcher/charcutier about UK cuts of meat - they discuss recipes when there’s no-one else in the shop - and we now get acceptably cut poitrine de porc fumé which works as a substitute,

You can download your travel certificate from ministry of interior website which has just been updated today. Attestation de déplacement et de voyage / L'actu du Ministère / Actualités - Ministère de l'Intérieur

1 Like

Yes, I checked earlier - but the declaration is just an attestation sur honeur that you don’t have Covid symptoms.

Not Covid related but not sure what this is about:

Other than a passport with the relevant entry and exit stamps I’m not sure what would satisfy this requirement.

I read that as having whatever documentation was needed to be legit in whichever EU state you were travelling (as the travel rules vary from one to another?)

I find it confusing as I read from the middle block of three relating to UK, Singapore and Australia and it says we need visas as well???

That’s true, isn’t it, if you are planning to stay longer than 90 days otherwise your UK passport acts as a temporary visa. I take it you’ll need one, Thomas? (until you get residency approved?)

Hi Angela, I have Dual Nationality and have an Irish Passport so I was going to live in France as an EU citizen. But as I am coming from uk I think I wll have to adhere to the travel rules accorded to the UK.

You do know that you can get poitrine fumeé in Lidl?

Yes but it’s too strongly smoked for my taste and I want the right thickness (fussy or what? :smiley: )
Having said that, they actually had packs of British lightly smoked bacon in Lidl a few weeks back in their chiller cabinet for specials. Never seen it before but it was very good!

1 Like

I got some of that too. they had a honey smoked one as well that was yummy but made the pan burn!