Easier Access to Kiné, Physio etc.. in certain cases?

Final judgement due later today, but on the face of things… this could be useful to many folk and reduce strain on Docs etc.

My kiné has been talking about this for a while, but her biggest grip is doctors who prescribe a fixed number of seances - she reckons it should be the kiné who decides.

But I wonder how they’ll cope? Our tiny town has 5 kinés who are hugely busy and often limit appointments to urgent work only (physio post joint replacement, stroke, etc). If people can go direct I think a massive risk they will be inundated with people with bad backs who don’t even try self care to start with. So will end up like in UK where you just get handed an exercise leaflet.

It’s been passed by Parliament: Only limited direct access will be available.

https://www.ouest-france.fr/sante/acces-direct-aux-infirmiers-et-kines-la-proposition-de-loi-definitivement-adoptee-au-parlement-3c209ca8-ef3e-11ed-8f02-f38554d448ff

“But to go to IPAs and physiotherapists, direct access will be limited to those working in structures such as multi-professional health centers, in coordination with doctors. Contrary to what the deputies wanted, caregivers simply registered in the more flexible framework of the Professional Territorial Health Communities (CPTS), which cover around half of the population, will therefore be excluded from the system.”

This seems to be on a region by region basis. When I lived in Marseille and my CPAM was PACA, the docs prescribed the number of sessions. Now I live near Grenoble and the ARA CPAM lets the docs prescribe open ended kiné sessions, and its the kiné who decides.