Easter get-away

With the Easter get-away starting, just received a note that we should allow 2 hours for the port checkin. Obviously will comply but also will monitor how long it is taking for DFDS ferry so early in the morning UK to France, I would be interested to hear how others fair especially the tunnel.

Brittany Ferries have cancelled three crossings today, not clear if that’s weather conditions or strikes. Three also cancelled tomorrow and one on Sunday.

If it’s anything like the gales we have had today it will be the winds that have caused the cancellations, at one point I was hanging onto one of the pillars on the hanger to stay upright :flushed::open_mouth:

Probably, the wave height is around 5m with a force 8 wind strength - we’ve crossed in worse but it was NOT fun :face_vomiting:

interesting site… bad weather conditions today…

I live less than an hour from Ouistreham and the weather for the last two days has been horrendous with high winds and squally storms, so I rather think the ferries are erring on caution rather than the strikes. But on a brighter note the forecast is looking good for next week.

That was today, whats the forecast for tomorrow? If its 5m waves I am in trouble, it will be the tunnel in future and thats about double the cost :unamused:

Better, you will be pleased to know.

1 Like

I’ve just heard from my mate Danny who is on the Plymouth to Roscoff ferry tonight that its going to be sailing on time. They have their sick bags ready :nauseated_face:

Dover ferry passengers warned of long delays

https://mobile.twitter.com/POferriesupdate?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Yes looks like 3m waves, OH is going to hate all 90 mins of it!

Arrrhhh, Jim lad, force 8, sissy stuff. I remember being hove to off Land’s end in ‘83 for hours with trucks falling over and, inappropriately, the movie Jaws playing on the swinging projector screen in the ferry’s “cinema”. It was so rough I almost spilled my pint :joy:

They took the trucks off with bulldozers at the other end. This is a photo of one of them I spotted on the way to the car deck. .

2 Likes

Dover ferry passengers warned of long delays

It looks like Corona is going to have a wait :slightly_frowning_face:

Yep waiting, and it looks like quite a bit of a wait. Took 20 minutes to get into Dover ferry queue on the approach roads. The terminal is solid but some queues are moving which is strange.

(I hate long queues… sometimes drivers get impatient/lose concentration/whatever… so I’m on edge the whole time… )

Wishing you a safe queueing and crossing… hopefully not tooo delayed. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Not unlike queuing at a theme park, they keep the queues moving but you dont get very far!
Bon voyage.

1 Like

It really is a case of same shit, different year every main holiday :face_with_raised_eyebrow::confused:
They keep on making all these “changes and improvements” at Dover and Calais and it doesn’t seem to make a blind bit of difference, over the last 40 years I feel like I have spent many weeks of my life in queues there and it never seems to get any better.

1 Like

Dont usually travel on a Saturday especially a bank holiday but employment has its drawbacks, self employed was mid week travel advantage.
Looks like we will only move forward when the next boat arrives.

1 Like