Easy Christmas pudding and gluten free version

Well now I do know I wont mention it again.

No just the very bad sugars.:thinking:

never made flapjacks… mind you, Golden Syrup can’t be found in my pantry… did bring some maple syrup back from Canada… as a souvenir… but we never actually ate any of it and it finally got chucked away… ah well… taught me a lesson about not buying stuff just for the sake of it… :wink: :wink:

Because I’d left it until the very last minute, also I’ve only ever seen sultanas and yellow ones here, not mixed peel or anything, nor suet.

Do you have a Biocoop nearby? Our organic shops have all sorts of dried fruits. This year I used dried figs (we all love figgy pudding :joy:), raisins, sultanas, cranberries and apricots plus preserved orange and lemon peel.

2 Likes

Suet you have to get from a butcher, but I use butter instead.

1 Like

That’s what I use, like you I go to Biocoop or le marché de Léopold, and I do use suet.

1 Like

Yes lots of options, as @vero said the 2 nearest to me / us! I’ll get organised earlier next year, I doubt very much I could have done anything as good as our pudding was starting from scratch on Christmas eve :rofl: . I posted as it was great as a quick, easy, cheap, last minute pudding.

1 Like

I’m shocked Stella, doesn’t it have similar properties as honey then? I read somewhere that that can last for hundreds of years, even Captain Scott’s tins survived at least 100 and was reckoned not to be poisonous. Or is that a myth? :thinking:

no idea re the myth… but when I found the 30-year old tin in my pantry… I wasn’t prepared to risk tasting its contents…

we enjoy honey (in moderation) from a local source… acacia is a firm favourite :+1:

Yes, I buy from just down the lane, cheaper than the supermarket too, but mainly because ‘local noses from local flowers’. :grinning:
The idea is that we are subjected to the same pollen that the bees are collecting from. :joy:

1 Like