EDF Electromechanical meter

I have replied on main thread - hope it helps.

Thanks for the quick response!

Good to hear you got it sorted out

You could do that for about a 10th of what you are currently using on your pool and have better water quality!

Ah, @corona , funny you should mention variable speed pool pumps. Do you have any suggestions for a pump for a 18000L above ground pool?

Several options now they are getting more common. There is also the variable speed control option that will operate most pool pumps. That allows the purchase of a resonably priced single speed pump and remote mounting of the controller in a better place away from vibration and other hazzards to electronics.

Thanks for that. Are there any particularly good makers to look out for, either for a variable pump or a controller unit?

Cleverpool pump inverter or Invertek E3 single phase motor inverter are two I have used quite often.
The variable speed pumps I usually supply are the best in the world so do cost a bit more but are worth every penny but lower spec but still good are Davey Silensor Pro or lower still, Hayward and the rest. Probably more available as I have been out of the market for 3 years. Might take a trip to Lyon to the trade show this year just to browse.

Being above ground do you have a top mounted filter of side mounted valve? What diameter?

1 Like

Thank you - I’ll look some up. The filter has a top mounted valve, the filter itself is cylindrical, about 70cm diameter - it’s a Dextron Top, but filled with glass media - I can’t remember which brand. In case it’s of any relevance, the top of the filter valve is about level with the water in the pool.

And @corona - have you considered opening an account with something such as Ko-Fi so people who benefit from your advice could make a contribution?

I didnt know such things existed, will also have to look into that.
I still have some of my old contacts so if you get stuck, try not to buy from Certikin.

1 Like

Hi Brian, the brand is very relevant, not all glass media is created equal and some are downright poor.
This 2019 report is a little old now as the AFM ng surpasses its predecessor by a huge margin giving the best water you can get for a pool.

That was it - Dryden Aqua AFM…

1 Like

Thats the good stuff! They now have a new generation (ng) version witch takes filtration to a whole new level. Thats taken a few years to perfect as I was discussing that development with Dr Dryden way back probably 7 years ago. I will swap to the ng version next year. So my 2nd hand AFM will be avaiable to anyone who wants it. It doesnt wear out or need replacing.