EDF Statement

That was the one Ikept getting, late at night too which always makes me suspicious and we know they don’t expire!

It’s easier when these calls are made to mobiles…
simply block the number.

sms, emails, phone calls… it’s all rather a headache at the moment… impossible to block 'em all it seems. They change numbers/emails/whatever and swamp us…

often different players who have paid for the “suckers” list :wink:
You still need to keep on top of it. It takes a single tap to block them on your device - what’s not to like?

Good point, Stella. Yes, I’m certain it was from EDF. The email had all the details of my account and my present monthly payment. I avoid using links on principle and always go directly to a company’s website if I want to interact with them.

1 Like

My phone, or maybe it’s my provider, always treats these Carte Vitale emails as spam. I don’t even seem to be notified on my phone that one has been received, which in some ways is a bit worrying if something important is treated as spam. I only discovered the spam folder on my phone about a month ago. It had dozens of these Carte Vitale and other well known spam or scam texts in it.

Not so easy with phone calls. I get about 20 to 30 cold calls per week. The people phoning seem to have blocks of 1000 numbers that they use, as for many of them, the phone numbers are identical except for the last 3 digits. That’s why I’m thinking of resurrecting my idea of designing a box that can be used to block numbers inot just individually, but in blocks. Probably won’t get round to doing it, but you never know.

it may depend on where they are coming from. In some cases it is possible to block umbers from a particular area or number sequence but you are right in that the scammers use automated software to generate numbers on the fly.

And there are some robo call blocking apps available to consider, such as:

I was talking about the landline, not my mobile. I get no cold calls at all on my mobile. Not sure there’s anything to stop blocks of numbers for a landline.

1 Like

We meticulously never, ever, ever answer an unknown number. They were really building up a year or so ago (2 or more / day). We now get maybe 1/month!

Yes, we never answer an unknown number on the landline either. We still get loads though. They just never stop. Most of them start 097 or 0181.

1 Like

A useful recent video from Jim Browning about scammers and how he tracks them down and gets their numbers taken down.

I’ve been getting worrying signs from EDF that I’m spending too much on electricity, compared with previous years, and the thought that Linky was misbehaving struck home, and frightened me!

However, on ‘mon espace particulier’ on their website, EDF says “Your consumption has decreased compared to last year, congratulations for these efforts. Your budget is increasing, most likely due to an increase in prices”.

Even with careful use of electricity I see that I will be paying in the region of 25% more for electricity in 2024 compared with several previous years. My consumption hasn’t changed very much at all – but the cost has!

Have EDF costs gone up by 25%?

you should be able to check each and every aspect of your EDF bill… and compare it all… in detail… with last year.

thus you will see for yourself which aspects of the Billing have changed and by how much.

Yes, things have gone up… and different tariffs will vary… one from another…

what tariff etc are you on??

I’ve been on the same tariff since I moved to France in 1990 or thereabouts. It’s called Blue Rate / ELP option in my EDF contract.

sorry, I was not clear enough

My bill (on the back) is broken down into all sorts of stuff … which eventually makes up the standing charges and the “tariff”…

Tariff Bleu = my abonnement has gone up by 16 cents a month… and the tariff for elect is up by around 3 cents (ttc/kwH)

so I suppose it all depends on how much elect one uses…

Ummm… not the 70s prog rock sensation surely?

I suspect you mean EJP - Effacement des Jours de Pointe - which is no longer offered to new subscribers.

Tarif bleu is the term that covers all of EDF’s regulated tarrifs, so includes, base, HC/HP, Tempo, & EJP.

Sadly that may be the case for you, given increases in abonnement as well as the price per kWh. They are phasing out EJP so it will become increasingly unattractive.

Looks like I shall have to consider this sometime later this year. Thanks.

ELP - typo error!

It would be worth reading the comments from those who have moved to Tempo. For example here:

1 Like

Yes, at least 20% and that’s on Tempo.

I believe the combination of last Feb or so, August and the increase in past month or two would add at least 25% to a lot of people’s bills even if they didn’t use any more - and maybe even 30%.

1 Like